where is the build up of a song? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thats the right attitude man. It really seems like you want to learn so thats great. If youre really passionate about something go out and explore the huge amount of info out there, dont rely on asking people for guidance.
    There are plentyyyy of places and people who can help you along the way, but in the end its up to you how you learn and take the information. (much of which is already out there, in brilliant articles and videos put together by DJs)

Best of luck, and HAVE FUN.

I suggest looking up some mixing tutorial videos on youtube. DJing is SIMPLE. (and there is a difference between simple and easy)

Tech Mentor

That mix was really confusing.

Why not just grab a bunch of songs with intros and outros and do some simple mixes back and forth? That's where everyone starts.

I just dont even know.

Only reason I started djing is because my friends said I had an abnormally good song selection for just a regular listener of electronic music, so I started to delve into it more about 3 years ago.

Op sounds like he wants to mix to be famous. Not because he is passionate.

Passion would come from knowing the songs he is trying to mix in and not having 200 + posts yet still asking how to mix in... without a mixer or controller lol

Yea I didnt want to call him out on that. There are enough 15year old DJ enthusiasts who want to do it just because its the cool thing these days. If hes passionate itll show.

OP posts a bunch of "mixes" on this forum. Dubstep, trance, house, etc. some 40+mins. Im surprised he doesnt know what hes asking..

Tech Mentor

Seriously?? I mean...seriously??? This can't be for real....

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj matt blaze View Post
    Seriously?? I mean...seriously??? This can't be for real....
    +1

???
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    I just dont even know.

Only reason I started djing is because my friends said I had an abnormally good song selection for just a regular listener of electronic music, so I started to delve into it more about 3 years ago.

Op sounds like he wants to mix to be famous. Not because he is passionate.

Passion would come from knowing the songs he is trying to mix in and not having 200 + posts yet still asking how to mix in... without a mixer or controller lol
    Song selection is a key factor but if you can't beat match or phrase correctly then thats where you need to work on. Even though I don't know song structure & musical theory and still get 500+ plays on tracks and multiple downloads shows me people take the time sit down and enjoy the track selection. I just need to learn phrasing so it blends smoothly into a nice solid mix. I don't need to be a top international dj like skrillex. As long as "I" enjoy the mixes then I will be happy and so far I don't enjoy the mixes so I ask questions on the build up and breakdown so I can improve personally.

I did have a controller the kontrol s2 was my first controller. But I wan't a more sturdy metal type of mixer so I returned the kontrol s2 and headphones and just and got my cash back so I can buy a more quality mixer.

Tech Guru

the more you practice and experiment too, the more song structure makes sense and stuff like that makes sense to you. keep on keeping on

Most entertaining thread in a long while. Thanks for the chuckles.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

This hurts my soul.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast