where is the build up of a song? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

yeah. its not a maths test mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

it kinda sounds like you do actually want this, hmmm.... like i said earlyer youtube is a very good source for tut's, like this one:
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    Yeah when i get my first paycheck i'll probably buy some headphones but they are like 200.00 bucks for the one I like.
    You don't own headphones at all & you're going to drop 200 quid on them? Why don't you just go out today & buy a Ģ10 set of headphones? They might not be the same ones that Superstar DJ #6 is wearing but really, you're nowhere near the point where you should be caring about expensive headphones. In fact, what you really should do is get a tiny set of in-ear ones & an MP3 player. Listen to your music. Don't even attempt to mix anything, just listen.

Alright no offense taken. Will do more searching!
    Lost into a land of forums. Now i want to figure how to insert vocal samples from movies. Gragh i'm getting ahead of myself here.
    You can't even hear where the different parts of a song are (tbh this baffles me. Everyone I know who has ever listened to music can hear the change up in a track between the build-up, drop, intro etc). Stay well clear of trying to do anything other than listen to music until you understand the very basics of music. I wouldn't even attempt to DJ or mix anything at all at the moment if I was you, never mind putting samples over things.

Stay away from FX, stay away for EQs even. Worry about making track A flow seamlessly into track B. Get some headphones, get yourself a cheap controller, and just work on basic A-B mixing for the next month. Listen to your tracks, listen to them again, then play them backwards, and then play them forwards. If you have a patch that will play them sideways, try that too.

Don't worry about gigs, or parties, or anything infront of anyone but your dog, your stuffed animals and maybe one friend who will be brutally honest and tell you that your mix blows. Once you can beatmatch without using sync, echo, delay or any other button, then think about playing a houseparty for your closest friends, and don't get pissy when they boo at your for trainwrecking.

These are all lessons we have/had to learn, easy or hard, you will have to learn them too.

Stay away from the fx and listen to your tracks.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I just got back from the doctor's office.

He confirmed my fears; this post gave me cancer.

You should take a solid amount of time and step back, listen to lots of music, listen to other people's mixes, and work on grasping the main concepts. Most people who don't DJ can still understand where a buildup in a song is. It's not that hard.

As for spending $200 on headphones; that is simply unnecessary, especially since you have no equipment to use them with. I got a pair of Sennheiser 280HD-Pros for $90 over a year ago, and have played dozens of gigs with them since, with no problems. Spending an assload of money on headphones will not help you be a better DJ.

Song selection is a key factor but if you can't beat match or phrase correctly then thats where you need to work on. Even though I don't know song structure & musical theory and still get 500+ plays on tracks and multiple downloads shows me people take the time sit down and enjoy the track selection. I just need to learn phrasing so it blends smoothly into a nice solid mix. I don't need to be a top international dj like skrillex. As long as "I" enjoy the mixes then I will be happy and so far I don't enjoy the mixes so I ask questions on the build up and breakdown so I can improve personally.

I did have a controller the kontrol s2 was my first controller. But I wan't a more sturdy metal type of mixer so I returned the kontrol s2 and headphones and just and got my cash back so I can buy a more quality mixer.
    Wow, how do you say that and at the beginning of the thread literally ask what a build up is? And an S2 is a PERFECT place to start at such a low price point. Anyway i'm glad that a few people replied to your original post and tried to help.

I couldn't believe the post :|.

Tech Mentor

i know that post confused me aswell... the way its worded its total opposite of his first post. its like he is answering himself. but hey, making fun of someone isnt going to help anyone. we all have dumb questions at some point.

as some said look on youtube for like a 10min mix someone did, usually has tracklist as well. Download the tracks, and follow along recreating that mix to get a hang of ideas for mixing.

This guy is joking right?

How does anyone in this forum not know what a build up is?

How about a drop? A breakdown? If you know what these things are then why don't you know what a build up is!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallorance View Post
    This guy is joking right?

How does anyone in this forum not know what a build up is?

How about a drop? A breakdown? If you know what these things are then why don't you know what a build up is!?
    we all started somewhere and a forum might be the best place to get to start/ask and learn. give him time and help him out, but please donīt judge. your first grade teacher didnīt judge on you when you wrote your first sentences...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    ... please donīt judge. your first grade teacher didnīt judge on you when you wrote your first sentences...
    Haha this is very true.

i lik mi kat. Hez a dejy
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast