where is the build up of a song? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I like the way this thread just went from an intro, build up and even a few breakdowns.....

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    then the breakdown is where all the people start flailing arms.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

What is this magical setting that shows numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    I like the way this thread just went from an intro, build up and even a few breakdowns.....
    Seems like this gem might have been overlooked, best post thus far hahaha.

Tech Mentor

Coming from an old skool DJ tht has fully embraced the digital world and now uses a controller....I too would like to know the magic # that every track must have that tells me exactly where the intro, build up, break down and outro is...this thread is making my ears bleed and I no longer want to listen to music or be creative with my mixes, I want to mix by numbers......SMH

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Because most of the time, phrases longer than a minute are extremely boring. People want to dance, not stand there in awe of your 12 minute soundscape.
    Are you really bashing on "repetitive music that goes on for 3 min without much change"? Do you even realize where the roots of most of the nu-edm comes from?

I agree with the current state of tracks now, way to busy to have any decent mixing or layering without having to just slam over to another cheese-filled, 4 minute banger with a drop or snare roll every 45 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    god i hope so because there is literally no way this person can be serious without the world teetering on the brink of imploding in upon itself

like there's not a single post the guy has made that hasn't completely twisted my head when i try and make sense of it in the context of the thread.

alright im not gonna sit here and teach you music theory.... but hope this helps man we should all try to be proactive instead of reactive and stop trollin...... alright enough with the rant

most western music in 4/4 timing is phrased in 32 beats.
    set the loop in traktor for 32 beats at the start of the very first down beat of the song. you should see at the end of the loop something changes in the wave. well every 32 beats there is a change. after understanding that you can choose where to mix in and out of.

when people say mix intro's over outro's they mean mix the last 32 beats of the song that is currently playing to the first 32 beats of the song you want to bring in.

keep in mind some pop music and hip hop use 16 beats or 8 beats just depends but most electronic music will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    alright im not gonna sit here and teach you music theory.... but hope this helps man we should all try to be proactive instead of reactive and stop trollin...... alright enough with the rant

most western music in 4/4 timing is phrased in 32 beats.
    set the loop in traktor for 32 beats at the start of the very first down beat of the song. you should see at the end of the loop something changes in the wave. well every 32 beats there is a change. after understanding that you can choose where to mix in and out of.

when people say mix intro's over outro's they mean mix the last 32 beats of the song that is currently playing to the first 32 beats of the song you want to bring in.

keep in mind some pop music and hip hop use 16 beats or 8 beats just depends but most electronic music will be the same.
    look at you being all helpful

back in my day we had nothing more than a pair of belt drives and a dream and we had to figure out phrasing and beatmatching ourselves, uphill both ways!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast