Problems mapping VCI-100 in Virtual DJ

Default Problems mapping VCI-100 in Virtual DJ

I don't know if anyone is super familiar with midi mapping in this program. I cut my midi mapping teeth with this program before I moved on to traktor, but I'm having problems getting a friends VCI-100 working on his PC laptop.

The problems I'm having relate to the "jogwheel" functionality. We can get vinyl mode to work just fine. When I turn the "vinyl mode" button off (to get the VCI to send a different control note), we have the new jogwheel control note mapped to a jogwheel functionality, but when you touch the platter and engage the touch sensitivity note, the record stops as if it was in vinyl mode still.

Here is the relevant midi xml for the jog wheels:

Code:
    <ctrl ctrl="17" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch" chan="2" increments="180" />
    <ctrl ctrl="16" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch" chan="1" increments="180" />

<ctrl ctrl="19" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="jogwheel" chan="2" increments="5" />
    <ctrl ctrl="18" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="jogwheel" chan="1" increments="5" />
    When the "vinyl mode" button is set to "on", the left jogwheel sends ctrl 16 and the right jogwheel sends ctrl 17. When it's set to "off", the left jogwheel sends ctrl 18, and the right sends ctrl 19. I don't have the actual "vinyl mode" buttons mapped to anything in the software.

This mapping worked just fine on my mac with VDJ 5.2, but when I copied the map to his PC and loaded, we've ran into this problem.

I dunno how many VDJ midi gurus are on here, but if someone could help us out it would be greatly appreciated

hey there, since 6.0 vdj changed the way of midimapping. there is a new mapper available at http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8401...CI-100_SE.html .

to get your jog to respond as wanted all you need is to map scratch_wheel_touch or jog_wheel. no numbers, no + or -. just define the midinote to the action. vdj will recognize in which direction the wheel is turned. Look into options->mapper->select the vci from the dropdown menu, then look into the actions list and look for your desired actions. Now change it to:

Scratch buttons -> <map value="SCRATCH_A" action="vinyl_mode" />

What happens is that when pushed it toggles the 2 modes of 1 or 0

For your JOG_TOUCH -> scratch_wheel_touch

For your JOG -> scratch_wheel or jog_wheel, try what works best .

I think it should work like that, let me know if it does.

Those 2 actions scratch_wheel and scratch_wheel_touch already have code built inside VirtualDJ for when the vinyl_mode is 1 or 0.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL