Considering buying a MF Pro, but concerned about lack of mapping updates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Considering buying a MF Pro, but concerned about lack of mapping updates.

I'm considering jumping on the sale and picking up a MF Pro. I'm still a mapping n00b, so I must rely on the gurus for my mappings. With DJTT mappings usually being a one and done, I'm concerned about the mappings not keeping up with the Traktor updates. Is anyone successfully running Traktor 2.6 and a MF Pro?
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

I'm concerned about this subject too, as new controllers come out, the "old ones" receive little to no updates whatsoever. I'm considering a 3d because beau bryte will be updating his mapping on a consistent basis I'm sure, all of his mappings are always up to date. I'm a little upset about my Vci 400 se purchase, there has been exactly ONE update since April and even it was a bit too soon due to the v2 update being buggy and only available for PC.
    But as I rant, +1 to this question!
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Mentor

Yeah,

I feel yah. More and more these days im finding that DJTT gear is just gimmicks...with little fuctionality in their products.

Honestly looking back at it now...i probably would have never bought a Midifighter PRO and just remapped what they created onto a different midi controller.

It has been over a year with 2 traktor updates, and still no updated mappings.

The Whole reason a lot of the people bought the Midifighter was because of the Mapping...not the controller itself.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Mentor

I agree, with you guys. For what I read in other threads many users feel a bit forgotten in terms of mappings and new features. I can understand that it's certainly hard to keep reinventing their own products. However, the innovating part of a "boutique" controller and the idea of constant development, updates, and support, is one the reasons why someone would choose a MF Pro over an APC 40, or launchpad, for example. Besides the support to a company that invest so much on the DJ culture and gives back so much free knowledge. The DJTT mappings are unreal, and that makes your money worth. But we all would like to see more updates as much as new products. As a customer I want that the product I bought a little over a year ago, will be working without bugs in the new versions of Traktor. PS> I love my MF Beatmasher Pro--although it freaks out for a while after going to Ableton mode and then coming back to traktor mode. I usually have to reflash it with factory settings.
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

I'm very upset with the subject, the "somewhat new" Vci 400 ege has been a complete letdown to me, after giving it much thought I will be selling my djtt controllers, and purchasing a z2. I will however be purchasing the 3d. The thing is, even though I have posted up top, ( ill answer my own question), they probably lack updates so that the new controllers can be desired, such as the 3d over the mf pro now, or so that you would have to use both. So to conclude this second rant on the subject, I'd recommend the 3d or waiting for the newest addition to the mf line of controllers. I'm not complaining about the site in any way and love the community, and the blog, but the controllers are to make money and they will make money in any way they can, just as every other product on the planet is.

The new one should be a cheaper controller with the same functionality as the classic, just upgraded. I believe that they will be good priced and be the new attention whores of djtt controllers. I'd wait for them in my opinion.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,

Quote Originally Posted by dubyou View Post
    I'm very upset with the subject, the "somewhat new" Vci 400 ege has been a complete letdown to me, after giving it much thought I will be selling my djtt controllers, and purchasing a z2. I will however be purchasing the 3d. The thing is, even though I have posted up top, ( ill answer my own question), they probably lack updates so that the new controllers can be desired, such as the 3d over the mf pro now, or so that you would have to use both. So to conclude this second rant on the subject, I'd recommend the 3d or waiting for the newest addition to the mf line of controllers. I'm not complaining about the site in any way and love the community, and the blog, but the controllers are to make money and they will make money in any way they can, just as every other product on the planet is.

The new one should be a cheaper controller with the same functionality as the classic, just upgraded. I believe that they will be good priced and be the new attention whores of djtt controllers. I'd wait for them in my opinion.
    Regarding the MF3D, I already have one...and love it. I was looking to add to my arsenal. After watching Ean at the CNTRL tour using an MFPro and two 3D's, it got me interested in the FX possibilities with the super faders of an MFPro (which I ended up picking up any way). My hesitation was because, like the rest of the DJTT mappings, the MFPro mappings have been lacking at best. Like you mentioned, all the focus is on launching/hyping new products. Once they're launched, they're forgotten...

As for the MF Classic update...Ean told me about it...it'll definitely be worth the wait for people torn between the Classic and 3D.

While we're on the subject, feel free to vote for my article request for more DJTT mapping updates:
    Let's see some mapping updates
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX

This thread makes me sick. LEARN TO MAKE YOUR OWN MAPPINGS.

Using pre-made mappings is the DJ'ing/performance equivalent of painting by numbers.

Invest some time in your art, and learn some BASICS. Mappings are not hard to create.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Using pre-made mappings is the DJ'ing/performance equivalent of painting by numbers.

Invest some time in your art, and learn some BASICS. Mappings are not hard to create.
    I do make my mappings and i hope you didnt take my posts as offinsive in any way. But you should also look from both sides, your post count is high and im sure that you are great at mapping and you are a loyal djtt forum user, and or customer, but for the price of some of their controllers (not all), I would expect a little more updates. some people cannot map, especially all the functions that a truly, full, djtt mapping offers.

Sorry mate - but not learning to create mappings is just lazy. It's a fundamental skill, that you should be WILLING to invest significant time in learning.

Pre-made mappings are just to give certain controllers out of the box usability.

The cost of the equipment is irrelevant. The mappings are intended as starting points, and should be expanded on by the user base, not the suppliers.

Get into the mappings and learn how they work, then expand them to do what YOU want to be able to do - not what the pre-made mappings limit you to being able to do.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Invest some time!? I've been DJing for almost 15yrs...thx.
    I'm not asking for handouts. I'm fully capable of tweaking mappings, but I'm no guru.

I'm not asking for anything they haven't already offered. It would be different if every mapping didn't come with the unkept promise of 'updates'. At the least, bug fixes would be nice. Especially for their own controllers.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast