Can someone recommend a controller for me?
    Tech Wizard

Default Can someone recommend a controller for me?

I have a Vestax VCI-100SE which I've had for years. I have not really dj’ed at all in over a year but want to get back into it now. Although the VCI is good, it annoys me a bit and really i have very simple needs and want to change it for something more simple.

All I want is one unit with an integrated sound card and a few other things - l only really need 2 channels, platters for beatmatching, and a few faders and knobs etc. All I really want to do is play and mix tracks, not bothered with loads of effects to be honest. I use loops occasionally and a filter the odd time but that’s it.

Can anyone recommend a small, simple & cheap controller that might suit me?
    Thanks

Kontrol S2

Tech Wizard

Thanks yeah it's nice but way out of my budget unfortunately. Any ideas for something cheaper?

Tech Mentor

People seem to like the Mixtrack Pro.
    Seems like the VCI + audio 2dj would be ideal, care to
    elaborate on what you don't like about the VCI?

And what's the budget?

Tech Wizard

Yep I have the Audio 2DJ with my VCI-100SE. It's fine but its overkill for my needs, i never use 4 decks, sampling, and all the other tricky stuff. It can be hard to beatmatch on too unless you've set everything up in traktor first. Maybe I need to use LE instead of pro... I'd just prefer a smaller unit with no separate soundcard.. Just the basic knobs etc

I actualyl quite like the look of the Vestax VCM100 http://www.vestax.com/v/products/img...cm100top_b.jpg but it does not have platters for beatmatching.

I had looked at the Numark Mixtrack Pro - looked to tick most of my boxes and its well priced too. I hear it comes with Virtual DJ though, I have not used this in years, is it still rubbish? Does it work with Traktor?

Any other models I should look at?

Tech Mentor

For basic 2 deck mixing VDJ should be fine. I haven't used it in a while, but it wasn't bad when I tried it out, and they just released an update.

Also, there is Serato DJ intro with it now, which should also work for you (it gets the new serato software sometime next year)

Quote Originally Posted by colly View Post
    Thanks yeah it's nice but way out of my budget unfortunately. Any ideas for something cheaper?
    A gently used S2? Or save up for it its worth the money.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Behringer studio 4A (around 200e when it comes out hopefully before NY) it got two channels, big touch sensitive platters, long pitch faders and audio interface.