S4 For a Wedding?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default S4 For a Wedding?

Hey everyone. I've been a Serato user for years and just recently switched to Traktor. I've had the S4 for about a year but had a ton of issues with it while using a PC. I recently purchased a MBP and have started using the S4 and switched to using Traktor. So far no issues. I have a wedding coming up and wanted to check on the stability of running this in an environment where any kind of instability is unacceptable. I'm hell bent on using Traktor and I'm willing to get an X1 and use a standard mixer if I have to. Just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or points to consider on using the S4 at a wedding.

My setup:
    S4, F1, 2 Technics 1200s, MBP

If you haven't had any problems with the MBP then go for it. You can have an iPod or other back up music source plugged into the S4 just in case of a computer problem. Having a pre recorded mix on the back up device will give you time to reboot.

I use my S4 and Traktor for all my gigs. Weddings, corporate, etc. Works great for me! i always have a backup ipod with my top 200 wedding playlist if shit hits the fan, but knock on wood, no problems! (also for weddings, i like to setup in the morning, do a solid soundcheck first. last thing i want to deal with is problems AND a bridezilla)

Tech Wizard

If you havent expierenced any problems this far, I wouldn't see why you would at showtime. Like elseanjuan said do a solid soundcheck, and bring a back up mix on an ipod and youll be set.

Tech Mentor

I've run my S4 at over 50 weddings at this point, using a PC.... Never an issue.

Isn't an S4 overkill for a wedding, I would use iTunes myself...
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Student

Good to hear that sticking with the S4 with a safety net is feasible. I might hook up the S4 to another mixer for the first few times I go out with this setup just to make sure all goes smooth. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    depends whose wedding it is I've done a few where I got to play house music, hip hop, and had fun with it. though mostly it's the shit wedding music hehe

Quote Originally Posted by elseanjuan View Post
    depends whose wedding it is I've done a few where I got to play house music, hip hop, and had fun with it. though mostly it's the shit wedding music hehe
    It would indeed be interesting to use an S4 and looping for let's say Brown Eyed Girl, Twist and Shout, Don't Stop Believing, My Little Girl et rest, but I doubt someone would have a long career as a wedding DJ after that.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    1k+ posts and you make a comment like this... For shame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast