New controller advice.

Default New controller advice.

Whats a good controller for mainly effects. i already use a twitch with a MF classic with traktor and I'm looking for a decent, small controller to use with these two for effects?
    The x1 any good?

Tech Convert

Don't get the x1, get the xone k2, best thing ever for efx

the x1 is a nice little controller. the k2 seems good as well but costs more mostly due to the soundcard. i haven't used the k2 but i went for the x1 due to the layout, lack of soundcard, and price...plus they seem to be pretty easy to find second hand for cheap. it's all about personal preference though. seems like a lot of big name djs use the x1 (dubfire and richie hawtin are the prime examples) if you're one to care about that sort of thing.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    the x1 is a nice little controller. the k2 seems good as well but costs more mostly due to the soundcard.
    Don't forget to take into account that the K2 comes with the case included as standard, which doubles to bring it up to Mixer height.

You'd have to buy it separately for the X1
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Being as you already have a twitch and mf, get the x1, I've got one and its great, plus its about twitch height too.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.