Debating between a venom synth or mf3d
    Tech Wizard

Default Debating between a venom synth or mf3d

At the moment I have a akai mpk61 midi keyboard and a APC40.

Trying to get something new, and I've narrowed it down a M-Audio Venom 49 Synthesizer($200) or Midi Fighter 3D($250).

I mainly just make my own music, I never DJ. Ableton/Logic user working with EDM.

The MF3D looks like so much fun to screw around with, but at the same time I feel like I'd get too distracted with it

As for the Venom, first of all it would be my first Synth and it's loaded with a bunch of gnarly presets that you can tweak to the brim. I also feel like I'd get more out of it in the long run.

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE, help me choose!

Link:
    M-Audio Venom Synth
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Venom

Midi Fighter 3D:
    You can guess

Tech Mentor

Two different things buddy. If you dont DJ, do live performances and such, then dont bother with the MF3D.

From a producer standpoint, the Venom looks better in terms of what you should spend your money on.

If it were up to me, id save a bit more and get a bit more. Theres nothing worse than buying a piece of gear purely based on price only to regret not saving more for a better piece of kit.

Tech Wizard

I really enjoy using the weekly sound packs from mad zach on my mf3d. I really like to use it to make new clips and beats.

I'll second what Janky said. Save up for something better. A used korg MS-2000 can be had for a few hundred more on ebay, and is WORLDS better. That venom looks kind of meh, but then again, I'm also looking into getting a Virus TI snow at the moment. lol.