Traktor Kontrol S2 and Traktor 2.6 bugs

Default Traktor Kontrol S2 and Traktor 2.6 bugs

My laptop is lenovo y470 running on windows 7 64bit with 8gig ram and 700hdd.
    My traktor is updated to 2.6 (even 2.5 does this type of problem)

I analyze the tracks for beatgrid, done almost 100 tracks.
    Listened and set hot cue/cue points 1-5 on all the tracks (it took me 3hours for it to finish), I even added comments and ratings on it.

after that is done, I went to another folder with another set of 30 favorite deep house tracks for beatgridding. I only clicked on the folder and saw that the track was there

So I went to my previous folder and to my surprise almost 60% of the tracks don't have my hotcues that are set, my ratings still remains the same, comments section got messed up and it looked like it was not touched. I am so frustrated because I have to do this again!

So with the luxury of 2hours I went over to them again.

I listened to the song and put hotcues 1-5 on it again argggh! put in on comments what the track was about. Hit enter, my hot cues disappears! what a magic...

so I found a solution to this, I typed in the comments first then set hot cues for the track. But when I go to other folder and went back again, it'll be a mess again.

This is frustrating since I already wasted 6hours already. And my gig is coming really fast.

Anyone can share what to do? It really sucks. This happened before the update even on my 2.5.02 something I forgot so I thought they already fixed it with the update.

Have you got something on your laptop that is blocking file updates? Some security or something? I am unsure what but this is what it sounds like to me.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

nope everything is allowed, no firewall restrictions... my antivirus is fully updated... i really don't have any idea why this is happening

anyone?

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by spinerocker View Post
    anyone?
    maybe your files are set to "read only" ?

nope it's not on read only... i rated 10songs and beatgridded then i changed it to other folder going back and then 6-8songs are saved, rest are untouched..

Tech Convert

If you are changing the Metadata from the song with another program (itunes, manually with a file browser) then all the cues, beatgrid n junk is lost as its overwritten. This may or may not be your problem. This happened to me as i changed the comment section(Mixed In Key) and changed the genre field in itunes and lost a nights worth of beatgridding in traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtscarfy View Post
    If you are changing the Metadata from the song with another program (itunes, manually with a file browser) then all the cues, beatgrid n junk is lost as its overwritten. This may or may not be your problem. This happened to me as i changed the comment section(Mixed In Key) and changed the genre field in itunes and lost a nights worth of beatgridding in traktor.
    I've the same, hope your tip will fix it.

Cheers

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by sgtscarfy View Post
    Thanks for this tip; I would have gone to iTunes to re-genre... that could've been a disaster!

Going back to 2.5.1 looks like fixed it, but i'm not sure yet. But at least i managed to play for 1 hour.