RA top DJ's of 2012 poll

Default RA top DJ's of 2012 poll

Yeah, I know - we hate polls, but this makes for very interesting reading.
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1700
    356 reasons why

While no polls are perfect, the RA one is at least is on the right track and doesn't tend to offend me too much.

Seth Troxler is good, I don't know about #1 or even top 20 good though. I've seen Maya a couple times and similarly while good I don't know about top 10. Also feel similarly about Tale of Us- their set I saw was good, a bit on the boring side, but not really anything too remarkable DJ wise. RA users seems to be pretty heavily biased towards that new deep house sound though so I'm not too surprised the top ten has a seemingly random handful of them.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 12-04-2012 at 04:28 PM.

robag wruhme only #74?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Also it looks like half of the top 50 will be in miami this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    robag wruhme only #74?
    I share that sentiment.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    While no polls are perfect, the RA one is at least is on the right track and doesn't tend to offend me too much.

Seth Troxler is good, I don't know about #1

Hawtin who finds a way to make it something special.
    More shared sentiments.
    356 reasons why

Comments on the RA forum are hotting up - very divided opinions on Troxler, Maya, Art Dept, Maceo Plex and Tale Of Us. Consensus seems to be that Troxler is too erratic to be a worthy winner and that the 'new guard' are not yet tried & tested. A lot of (good) comment on the likes of Digweed & Sasha placing as high as they did. Lots of support for Hawtin in 2nd place.
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

diging out this old thread to share something with you guys quickly:

i always thought seth troxler was overrated and i never really enjoyed his sets when listening to them online. but last saturday i've seen him spinning live for the first time playing a 3hr set from 4am to 7am at my favorite club. that guy was just killing it! really, the gratest dj-set i've ever experienced. awesome tracks, nice energy and i was completely sober, just enjoying the music. i always thought he would be spinning more deep and tech house, but in the 2nd half of his set he was dropping some awesome techno and proper detroit acid as well!

well deserved #1 if you ask me!
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post

i always thought seth troxler was overrated and i never really enjoyed his sets when listening to them online. but last saturday i've seen him spinning live for the first time playing a 3hr set from 4am to 7am at my favorite club. that guy was just killing it! really, the gratest dj-set i've ever experienced. awesome tracks, nice energy and i was completely sober, just enjoying the music. i always thought he would be spinning more deep and tech house, but in the 2nd half of his set he was dropping some awesome techno and proper detroit acid as well!

I can agree with this, I've seen him once and it was amazing. Very solid track selection. As for Maya, she's good but not that good. Hawtin deserves his spot in the top 10 always.

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post

So he didn't do this?