Traktor Pro 1.2 Known Bugs with SE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    When I checked the assignments, I noticed some errors that I was able to fix:
    juggle knob modifier #3 out messages: here i just removed the M3=1 for Note E5 and Note G#3
    deck D: here i removed the M8=2 for Note B4
    left EQ/FX: here i removed the M1=1 for Note C5

This fixed my LED issues. Not sure if this was just some wierd import issue. I do not have my other laptop with the 1.1.2 install handy right now to check how things were mapped there.
    I confirmed that the mapping was properly imported. However could it maybe be that there was a but in 1.1.2 that caused the superflous modifiers to be ignored for MIDI out messages?

Found another issue with the two filter knobs. I am not quite sure how these work exactly. They send different MIDI messages from left to the middle, right at the middle and right of the middle. As a result when turning the knobs from left to right the knobs actually turns through all the way twice. So in other words, when I move the knob to the middle position and move it left, it actually moves the actual setting to all the way to the right. And then i move it to the right from the middle position, the actual setting is set to all the way to the left. Is that a feature I just never realized before or is this a new issue with 1.2?
    ok .. i fixed the issue by changing the knobs from "direct" to "relative". it seems the "relative filter/knob" controller type doesnt exist anymore.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

hi fellows,

i haven't posted much here but i've been using Ean's tks-tsi for such a long time. i've adventured myself to update traktor with the beta version since i was praying to have the proggressive pitch bend functionality.

but by doing so... currently i think i've messed completely my setup, which was quite balanced in 1.1.2, thanks to the 2.2 tsi.

i have close to zero idea in terms of midi mapping, to be honest i'd work with it if the proper tools were provided but i can't hold more than half an hour dealing with the tiny controller mapping window without getting very nervous.

i take advantage in this post to thank Ean for his hard work and the amazing tools he provides here, again and again.

that said, here go my observations about 2.2.8 + traktor scratch pro 1.2:

when pressing the juggle button together with any of the buttons below the wheels, trying to sample, it now SETS cue markers instead of recalling them. crazy!

midi outs do not work at all. pressing juggle button lids up the keys as if the vci was in juggle mode, but when i let the button go, leds remain lid up.

reading rainer's pdf update (thank you for taking care of us as well!) i saw there's a new functionality named tempo bend (stepless). i tried to modify the tsi to check the news, however i've found myself surprised because Ean has 4 mappings for tempo bend per deck, and there are notes which i appear to think that not all them (4) are related to the jog wheels. there are 2 up and 2 down, but some of them do not match with the notes that the wheel is sending. in summary, i'm really confused/lost...

2 questions here:

- Wouldn't it be enough with one up, one down, which happens to be A#3 (up) and B3 (down) as an example using left jogwheel?

- in case it's not enough.. Which is the use of the other two commands? (D8 (down) and C#8 (up) for Deck A)

also, there's the chance to swich the 'old' tempo bend assignments to a new mode: 'encoder', instead of the previous 'button'.

so, i've ended basically marking the checkbox 'pitch bend progressive sensitivity', setting the sensibility to 15% which is close to what i like by now.

anyway, i'd like to understand which is the difference between tempo bend (as i have it now, button mode, although assigned to an encoder, the jogwheel) and tempo bend stepless (and the possible variations.. button, encoder..?)

so i'm going to try...

however, I would love to have an Ean's tsi for this beta... i feel like.. you know.. out of control modifying these things by myself

thanks!!!

Tech Wizard

Thought it was a problem with 1.2 firmware, but I updated a couple weeks ago and I'm still having the problem. Sometimes when I hold down the juggle button it hangs up and sends my vci into juggle mode even though the knob isn't turned. I've read around and haven't heard of anybody else having this problem. Anybody?
    Huckleberry Pie

ok .. i fixed the issue by changing the knobs from "direct" to "relative". it seems the "relative filter/knob" controller type doesnt exist anymore.
    i have the same problem with the filter knobs. i tried mapping them myself, but no luck. and changing to relative mode didn't seem to help at all.
    so this seems to be the controller itself sending out multiple midi msgs from the 'filter' knobs.
    is this a FW1.3 thing?
    its very screwy, with my old silver 1.2 vci, it doesnt do this, and setting those knobs is no problem.
    i've also tried booting the 100se in 1.2 mode (the paper says to hold down the second small button in the top left when turning on) this also does not appear to do anything...

Quote Originally Posted by kilbot View Post
    i've also tried booting the 100se in 1.2 mode (the paper says to hold down the second small button in the top left when turning on) this also does not appear to do anything...
    figured it out! it's the first small black button on the top left... which i suppose is technically the second button.... (had to re-watch some of ean's videos where he explained it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12