Headphones large enough for my head?

Default Headphones large enough for my head?

So I just got my S4 and V-Moda LPs in the mail yesterday and was so excited to get underway but after 20-30minutes of toying around with my new equipment my ears were killing me.

I have an abnormally large head(can't ever wear hats etc.), and I'm just wondering if anyone out there had a similar problem with sizing of quality headphones but found a solid replacement that is both durable and high quality?

Tech Convert

I have the same problem as you, getting a motorbike helmet is an ordeal...
    Now on to cans... I haven't used the V-Modas but I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 25 which result in my ears burning when I have them on for a long period of time. That said I only tend to use them when mixing and on one ear, so I can get them comfortable enough to endure a set.

I've only tried a few others, and ended up buying Allen and Heath XD-53, the cup sits around you ear, not on it like the HDs and I find them much more comfortable on the ears, they are a bit heavy though so be careful when jumping around.

Xone XD2-53 (or XD-53) and Ultrasone DJ1 (pro) come to mind for headphones that are on the larger side.

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried the sony MDR-700s or technics RPDH-1200s?

They both are really comfy and have SUPER stretchy headbands. I know carl cox use(s/d?) the 700s and while I've never personally measured his head, I'm willing to bet it's on the larger side. So... there's that.

Total aside, at the very least the 700s used to be the shit. What happened? Nobody ever talks about them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxx View Post
    So I just got my S4 and V-Moda LPs in the mail yesterday and was so excited to get underway but after 20-30minutes of toying around with my new equipment my ears were killing me.

I have an abnormally large head(can't ever wear hats etc.), and I'm just wondering if anyone out there had a similar problem with sizing of quality headphones but found a solid replacement that is both durable and high quality?
    Hi Lunchboxx - I also have a huge head and headphones by Grado fit me, when extended all the way. I have also had luck with Senn's but I need to angle them back from the natural position on my head significantly.

Tech Mentor

AIAIAI TMA-1 would be a good choice, as they have a wide headband.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P