What is the best DAW???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the best DAW???

i know there is no such thing as the best DAW and by DAW i mean Digital Audio Workstation (thank you wikipedia =) but i would like to know if anyone here at djtt knows what is the best software for making house music, i dabble a little bit in hip-hop but mostly house.
    i currently use Reason 4 but i dont like the fact that you cant use plugins and record audio with it..
    any suggestions.

and if anyone is interested i could upload i few of my original productions if you guys want.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sfet View Post
    i know there is no such thing as the best DAW and by DAW i mean Digital Audio Workstation (thank you wikipedia =) but i would like to know if anyone here at djtt knows what is the best software for making house music, i dabble a little bit in hip-hop but mostly house.
    i currently use Reason 4 but i dont like the fact that you cant use plugins and record audio with it..
    any suggestions.

and if anyone is interested i could upload i few of my original productions if you guys want.
    "generic answer" : there is none. it's not about the what you use but about how you use it...

just go with the daw that you feel comfortable working with. Personaly, i worked 5 years with cubase and switched to Live lately because i believe the workflow is great.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Koris View Post
    "generic answer" : there is none. it's not about the what you use but about how you use it...

just go with the daw that you feel comfortable working with. Personaly, i worked 5 years with cubase and switched to Live lately because i believe the workflow is great.
    what he said, except Digital Performer is my answer for production and live is my answer for performance, get all the demos you can and install them one at a time so they dont expire all at once, give each one a week by itself and see which one you flow in the best learning wise.

NI Massive is perfect for house, dubstep etc, as far as DAW's go i've always used fl studio. basically the DAW is just a shell you cram shitloads of plugins into
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

yeah as Koris said, there is none, its entirely down to personal taste and how you work and the way in which you want to work,

i learnt the basics in an early version of cubase, then moved onto Live, which i still use and occasionally with Reason rewired in, briefly played with logic but didnt find i liked it as much as Live for the kind of stuff i do,

although if your used to reason and you like the way it works Propellerheads are bringing out a new DAW called Record which incorporates the reason rack with a DAW that can handle live audio,

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/record/

which is in public beta testing at the moment, I had a play, an it looks pretty kl, the workflows slightly too convoluted though i found,

and @ JesterNZDJ - massive is sooo good, would also recommend Albino if you havent seen it,
    woof

hhmmm..personal taste imo!

i like this:

www.renoise.com

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    is also really cool! though takes a little getting used to i found,
    woof

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    NI Massive is perfect for house, dubstep etc, as far as DAW's go i've always used fl studio. basically the DAW is just a shell you cram shitloads of plugins into
    DUDE! :eek: Massive is is just a VST.

LOLz....

CReativity is your best DAW.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    CReativity is your best DAW.
    ^^^^ what he said !!!

There is no best DAW, there are people out there who use all sorts of wacky program that you never think you could ever produce a decent tune with and they can rock that shiz hard out

Just grab lots of demo's and whatever works for you will work for you

HEAR HEAR, mate!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast