Using mixer's fx send/return thru Traktor for fx?
    Tech Mentor

Default Using mixer's fx send/return thru Traktor for fx?

So.. I just bought a Vestax PMC 05 Pro IV mixer to use with Vinyl DVS and Traktor.

The mixer has a nice fx loop section with selectable on/off and send/return levels.

The fx loop send is post crossfader

Think it would work to send to my Audio 6 and input on a thru channel and use FX then post fader? Does the thru channel on Traktor even allow for fx insert?

Tech Mentor

I should note I would just test it out; but I sold my S4, don't have traktor currently and am waiting on a Scratch 6 package.. Just wondering about any latency issues and if anyone has done this with success..

Yes. It works perfect.

I am using it the with a Rane TTM56 and an Audio8. (I am only using 3 channels so Audio 6 will work.)

I have my Audio Latency set to overall 8.6ms with no cracks, pops, or drops. I am using an early 2011 base model MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.

I have an 07 pro with the audio 6, I run c/d/remix decks through fx in/out...I don't see why it would not work...I use my maschine to control fx though
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Successfully tested with my Xone 42 and Audio8. Works well with reverbs, but I found loop recording inside Traktor to be clumsy (not to mention the latency becomes very apparent !). YMMV!

you have to mess around with the latency settings b/c each computer is different...if you have a fast processor and a ton of ram you can get lower latencies otherwise, you will have to have higher settings...lowest setting I can get on my current setup without audio issues is 192/3ms @ ~9-10ms... I have to adjust to 256 if i want to run maschine at same time...NI interfaces are pretty good but i've been dreaming about getting an rme 400 just don't know if it'll work with TSP2
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    you have to mess around with the latency settings b/c each computer is different...if you have a fast processor and a ton of ram you can get lower latencies otherwise, you will have to have higher settings...lowest setting I can get on my current setup without audio issues is 192/3ms @ ~9-10ms... I have to adjust to 256 if i want to run maschine at same time...NI interfaces are pretty good but i've been dreaming about getting an rme 400 just don't know if it'll work with TSP2
    you should ask chris liebing, he uses it with traktor