Ghost in the Machine?

Default Ghost in the Machine?

Hi guys.

Ive just stumbled across something and cant think for the life of me why this is doing what its doing!

Ive just received a maschine mk2, from the fine gents at DJ Techtools. Generally just arsing about on it and decide that id like a pic of the maschine next to my MF3D for all the pretty lights.

Thing is, i plug in the MF3D and for shits and gigs tap a few buttons......and it starts playing whatever pad i last pressed on the Maschine, only affects the note of the pad and plays the noise from low (bottom left of the MF3D) to high (top right) in whichever order i press.

Ive uploaded no mappings for it, and this seems to be a pretty cool bonus. Ive yet to record anything and get a tune built on the Maschine just yet, and dont how the MF3D will react when i start building one up.

Anyone have any idea why it might be doing this?

It seems like it's putting the 3D into "keyboard" mode on the Maschine. That's actually really handy and now that you mention it, i'm going to go home in a few hours and i'll test it out with my Maschine & 3D and let you know. But that's a really cool bonus, I wonder how it records all the sounds though, because if you're in Keyboard mode on the Maschine and recording then it writes it into the program under the keyboard roll while when you're recording regularly in Maschine it doesn't do it in the keyboard roll mode.

I'm going to try it out later today!

Go into midi settings in maschine- it's receiving midi messages from it and you can turn this off if you like.

Ah i can see in midi settings, the MF3D is recognised and can be turned on or off.

It plays whatever ive put on there and records just fine with no interfering with anything else, but the sound is echo-ee and heavily affected.
    Last edited by DubluW; 12-05-2012 at 05:27 PM.