Traktor Pro Kontrol X1 FX Mappings: F/X
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro Kontrol X1 FX Mappings: F/X

Hi, I'd like to request advice on a few Traktor Pro mappings for my Kontrol X1.
    I'd like to use the browse encoder on the X1 for FX dry/wet and fx selection at once.
    My FX unit 1 is an advanced/single fx unit.

When turning the encoder I want to be able to adjust the dry/wet amount of the fx.
    When I press the encoder and keep it pressed down and then turn the encoder, I'd like to be able to scroll
    through the available fx list.

So far I have successfully mapped the dry/wet amount of the fx to the Browse Encoder. I have the mode set to relative; when I turn the encoder it takes me from 0 percent to 100 percent. I'd like to be able to have the encoder sweep through the entire range.

I am not sure how to assign the mappings to press down and scroll through the FX list.

Is anyone out there able to assist me with this? I'm working with deadlines on this project, so I would appreciate it if you could get back to me quickly.

Thank you in advance for your help!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You need one modifier (button-hold) to accomplish this. Set value 0 to dry/wet command and set value 1 for your effect selector.

What Stewe said. You're basically making the "button" in the push encoder into a "shift key" that changes the function of the knob.

Thanks for your responses.

I am not sure where I add in the modifier (button-hold), and set these values: 0 to dry/wet command and set value 1 for your effects selector.

Could you please assist me with some screen shots, or more detailed directions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Should I be using the same modifier (M1) for the dry/wet adjust, and the effect 1 selector?

My Effect one selector does not seem to be working at all. Here are my current settings:

Effect one selector: mapped to Norm.Left.LOAD)

In Mapping Details: Modifier M1, Value 1

Type of controller = button, interaction mode = hold

My Dry/Wet Adjust Effects Unit One is mapped to Norm.Left.Browse

Modifier M1, Value 0, Type of Controller= Encoder, Interaction Mode = Relative

It would be great if someone was able to help me correct my errors. Thanks again!

Dude I don't have time to write a detailed explanation right now. Just do what I do and learn by Googling. Start here: https://www.google.com/search?q=modi...=safari&norc=1

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    Dude I don't have time to write a detailed explanation right now. Just do what I do and learn by Googling. Start here: https://www.google.com/search?q=modi...=safari&norc=1
    Ok thanks!

I'll give example with modifier #1 but you can pick any other which is available in your mapping.

Add in modifier #1
    Type of controller - Button
    Interaction mode - Hold
    Set to value - 1

Every time you press and hold knob the value should jump to 1 and to 0 when you release it. You can check it working at little modifier slots in controller manager. When you got it working just make sure to follow modifier conditions to set your commands properly.

Hey guys, thanks for your help, I was able to create this mapping.

I have one quick question: I've mapped my Dry/Wet FX Adjust to the Norm.Left.Browse button.

When I turn the browse button the D/W FX goes from 0 to 100 (no other percentages can be scrolled through in between)

Is there a way I can set up this mapping so I can scroll through the entire 0-100 percentage range to adjust the D/W effects?

Right now my controls are set as follows:
    type of controller -encoder
    interaction mode - relative

Looking forward to your response!

Try out both encoder modes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast