tracktor + cdj 850k
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default tracktor + cdj 850k

I'm looking for the cheapest way to use a cdj 850k (as it's the cheapest in the pro range of pioneer cdjs) with tracktor. Is it possible to just one and switch between decks? is it easy to do? and would i have to use a tone cd or does the 850 also function as a midi controller?

Why would you switch? Just buy two or none. Seriously, isn't worth the try to switch between decks all the time.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

From what I can understand. Yes you can, as long as you aren't using the CDJ's audio interface, rather an external soundcard, or the sound card in your Mixer.

However, I wouldn't recommend it, it would be a pain in the ass to make adjustments. As JDFS said, you're better off with two or none.

If you're insistent on doing it, I'd pick-up an X1 or similar interface, so you can still keep control over your other decks, while one is the 'focus' on the 850K.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

I use one all the time... Sometimes when I have gigs somewhere I need to bring my decks, I'll j ust bring a small 2ch mixer and one cdj. You use the deck to scratch the songs in, or mix them in, then you duplicate the track into the other deck, lower the volume on the original deck, and restart with a new track.

It's really quite simple, and you can almost do everything that a 2 deck setup can do. It's just obviously a lot more difficult to do some advanced pitch work between the two for going from a 128bpm song to a lower bmp song. IMO.

Definitely get an X1 to use with it. That's what I have and I use it all the time.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

I have an X1 already, I just want to get into CDj's because it's easier when gigging and less can go wrong. I guess CDj's will just have to wait.

Midi mode on the 850's is super glitchy and unreliable. Hopefully NI will release an update for the 850's to function in HID soon.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Buying 850s and just using them in HID mode is one of the most stupid things i ever heard. Why don't you buy 2x cdj400 2nd hand.. I sometimes use them in midi mode and works perfectly (as long as you're on the latest firmware) though jog wheel resolution isn't the best (because of MIDI mode, they should just do HID but pioneer's to lazy to incorporate)
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by jessevdriel View Post
    Buying 850s and just using them in HID mode is one of the most stupid things i ever heard.
    Ah, I never tire of the endless hyperbole people will use on internet forums
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Ah, I never tire of the endless hyperbole people will use on internet forums
    That's why i'm here. J'aime l'exagérations! And to be honest, it is quite stupid.
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast