What should I pick up?
    Tech Wizard

Default What should I pick up?

So far I have an S2 and a Launchpad (mapped kinda like IG mapping)
    If you were me would you pick up....
    -MF pro
    -MF 3d
    -X1
    Others?

And why

Tech Mentor

lose the s2 and get a 4-channel controller or add an f1 for a remix deck. no use in picking up more gear for just controlling 2 decks...

This is a daft question and one which gets asked in a different way several times a week here. None of use knows you, we don't know how you play, what you play, what you need to improve or anything.

Think about what you need before asking internet randoms what to spend your money on. For example if you asked "I feel like my setup doesn't give me enough control over FX, I want something a bit more hands on and tactile" that would be a much more appropriate question. I don't mean to be shooting you down, but nothing helpful will come from asking what you just asked.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Full english is totally right. Reword the question for better answers.

Based off of what you have said though, keep your S2. Don't start selling gear, especially for a 4 deck controller if you only mix 2 tracks. Grab an F1 if you want wicked remix deck magic, get an x1 for more FX control, get a midi fighter if you wanna hammer hotcues and FX, get a midifighter 3d if you wanna look cool doing it, or stick with what you have. An S2 and a launchpad should do you well unless you are doing some really advanced mixing or fx/sample triggering.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    So far I have an S2 and a Launchpad (mapped kinda like IG mapping)
    If you were me would you pick up....
    -MF pro
    -MF 3d
    -X1
    Others?

And why
    Personally speaking, I think you should sell what you have and invest in a pair of early 80's cassette recorders (like we used to load games onto our 48k spectrums from,) a preternatural sense of timing and a barrel load of luck.

Why? Well, I think it would be very impressive. What other reason could there be?