Wet Controller HELP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wet Controller HELP!

I have a Vestax Typhoon controller, I was DJing a party last night. Some dude spilt water all over the controller. I thought everything was fine until I saw that the pitches were three BPMs faster when it should be on the original BPM. Couldn't bring it back to the original if I tried to slow it down to the original, it would skip to six beats slower. The question I'm asking is there anything I can do to fix it? If there is something I could do, what is it? I was thinking about doing the white rice trick, but I'm afraid of getting rice in the faders and volumes.

Tech Mentor

You may be lucky with it just being water leave it somewhere warm to dry out for a few days, normally with water the damage occurs through it shorting out.

i spilled a bottle of water on my first controller, a numark omni control, thought it was broken (turned it upsidedown and water poured out of it).

I just didnt use it for a week to "rehab the numark" then it worked with some glitches at first to fully recover a few weeks later.
    Solid stuff!

I know the cellphone in a bag of rice trick works... Maybe buy a big bag of rice... seriously.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I had coca cola spilled on my bcd3000 some time ago and it turned out the unit was totally ruined - couldn't even turn it on... I ended buying used one and becoming allergic to coke since then.

you can still put your typhoon in rice if youd like to
    just make sure its FACE DOWN when you do it

this way nothing will be pushed inside

also, put a little rice in a big bag
    sit it on the floor
    put the typhoon on top of the rice
    then pour more rice on top slowely and DO NOT MOVE SHAKE VIBRATE OR JERK the bag at all.

and the last thing you need to add is.... pacients
    give it WAY more time then it needs. A few days are ok but let it go a couple weeks.

Keep us posted

I dont really know what everyone is so crazy about getting rice in the faders lol.

The rice doesn't have to touch the controller or anything, just has to be in a big bag or container that is air tight with rice and it will do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    I know the cellphone in a bag of rice trick works... Maybe buy a big bag of rice... seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    I dont really know what everyone is so crazy about getting rice in the faders lol.

The rice doesn't have to touch the controller or anything, just has to be in a big bag or container that is air tight with rice and it will do the trick
    My thoughts on it as well.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that a controller named Typhoon got wet?

Sorry, not helpful I know, hope you get it fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that a controller named Typhoon got wet?

Sorry, not helpful I know, hope you get it fixed!
    Hahahahaha, didn't even notice! That's pretty funny now that you mention it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast