Best DJ gear for a begineer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best DJ gear for a begineer

Hi!
    I'm try to fullfil a dream and do some djing at home. What is the best dj gear you'd recomend (good quality/price ratio).

Thnk you so much,
    JP

Tech Wizard

You really can't go wrong with the Numark MixTrack/Mixtrack Pro in your case. It has a enough features and is probably the best controller in that price range.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Default I'll need a computer right?

Quote Originally Posted by Serbman9 View Post
    You really can't go wrong with the Numark MixTrack/Mixtrack Pro in your case. It has a enough features and is probably the best controller in that price range.
    I'll need a computer, right' Can it be a Windows pc? Does the software has to be bougth or it comes with the gear you mencioned. Thanks!

Tech Wizard

yea your gonna need a computer, any OS is fine, including windows. It comes with Virtual DJ LE and Serato DJ Intro which will get you started, that board basically works with almost any software tho.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Default Numark vs Pioneer

Quote Originally Posted by Serbman9 View Post
    And how about the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO? Do you know pros and cons? Thanks!

Tech Mentor

IMO it depends how dedicated you think you will be, you wanna get something that isn't overly expensive but doesn't leave you wanting for more. If you buy a cheap toy controller you're eventually going to want something better as you improve. Personally I went with the NI S4, it's fairly expensive but you really won't need more than that. 4 decks along with Traktor and all of its gadgets, you can't go wrong really. If not that, I'd say check out the mid level Numark stuff as some have already suggested.

Tech Student

I've just began to DJ my self, and after alot of research on dj gear, i ended up with the Reloop Mixage IE. Its a really good controller from my point of view and i've learned the basics of djing in just a couple of days. The Mixage comes with Traktor 2 LE, and it isnt really expensive. I bet it isnt the best controller but i can say that i really like it and i have no regrets that i bought it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jpierre70 View Post
    And how about the Pioneer DDJ-WeGO? Do you know pros and cons? Thanks!
    pros = small and compact, good quality, lights look cool
    cons = not a TON of buttons, there are cheaper things that do the same thing

Tech Wizard

I'd go with the DDJ-SX or the Traktor S4 great for beginners and pros - ALL in one and includes software. All you need is a laptop and your good to go.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

whats youre price range?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast