Anyone else have issues with APC40 mapping on Traktor?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone else have issues with APC40 mapping on Traktor?

I am trying to give the software/hardware combo the benefit of the doubt as I am very new to mixing and have not tried every angle possible to make things work but here is what I am encountering. I recently purchased an Akai APC40 and Audio 2. I have Ableton and the Audio 2 came with Traktor. What I have found is Traktor has a much more user friendly layout for mixing, but Ableton pairs so nicely with the APC 40. I tried mapping to Traktor myself but it was very basic and some controls had the same mapping location ie: my cue button and one of the eq knobs resulting in my headphones quickly switching on and off when I try to adjust the eq. The location of the button and knob in Traktor were the same so this was not avoidable. I'm probably not explaining this very well but I can't think of any other way of putting it. So I went to plan B and downloaded a pre made map. This was great as it had functioning LEDs and what not but I found that when you push a button for the first time, the LED turns off and never turns back on. Also found other glitches I can't recall at the moment. Is this just a matter of the APC40 not working well with Traktor or are there good maps out there that don't have these issues? The mapping in Ableton works like a dream. It makes perfect sense and there have been no glitches so far. My only issue there is Ableton seems to be a lot more complicated for conventional mixing and since I am just learning, I don't want to limit myself with pre-making my mixes as a crutch. I want to learn to mix on the fly one way or another. I have heard great things about both programs and the APC 40 so I'm sure I can get the results I want, I'm just still very new and in need of some guidance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian
    Lenovo T400, Ableton Live 8, Axiom 25, APC40, Auido 2, KRK Rokit 6, Pioneer HJD1500 and a wish list spanning coast to coast.

Check out the midimaps area on here. There are some mappings for the apc40 and traktor. You can check traktor bible as well.

Edit: the collision mapping gets great reviews.
    Last edited by squidot; 12-07-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give things another go this weekend. I got a new USB hub the other day so I can hook up my APC40 and Axiom 25 at the same time now. Things are starting to come together.
    Lenovo T400, Ableton Live 8, Axiom 25, APC40, Auido 2, KRK Rokit 6, Pioneer HJD1500 and a wish list spanning coast to coast.

if you want to map the apc, start with it in DUMB mode.. ie turn on tha apc, start ableton then close it once it recognizes the apc, then start traktor and map the apc.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

please feel free to PM me any questions about mapping the apc, ive made a pile of maps for it for traktor and can say it is a GREAT controller for traktor.... any issues youre having with community supplied maps can likely be solved by the dumb mode start and making sure you import the mapping twice in a row before doing anything else.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info. My apologies for posting in the wrong section and not doing proper research first. I should have known better but appreciate no one bashing me for it.

As Deejaesnaful said, you need to put it in to dumb mode. There are some quality maps available for APC40 and Trakpor.

This one works great https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/59. You have to import it twice, which is a traktor thing.

Then, once you load traktor, you have to cycle through the bottom row of buttons before starting. Not sure why, but you do. The buttons under the clip launching grid. Just press them each once.

After that you are ready to go. Remember, if you go from Ableton to Traktor, you have to turn the APC off then on again before launching Traktor, and vice versa.

I think that mapping may not work perfectly with 2.6. I didn't upgrade so mine still works fine. The upgrade is mostly a few effects but all the traktor effects sound stupid anyway so it's really no big deal.

Tech Wizard

I just downloaded the Collision map and after your guys suggestions both that one and the one I downloaded from YouTube work much better! Thanks for the help.