VCI-100 Arcade Mod, Please Help!
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Arcade Mod, Please Help!

Ok so I ordered a brand new VCI-100. Then got on DJTT and ordered the firmware upgrade kit, overlay (arcade v4), chroma caps, and arcade buttons. Then today I went to Radio Shack to pick up some wire and the diodes. Just for reference the Radio Shack down the street from me is worthless they don't have wire and they only had one kind of switching diode, the sales rep could not provide any info on the diodes but I bought them anyway. I am going to post a pick of them and a link to the info I found from google, can someone tell me if they will work for the arcade button mod.

http://www.makershed.com/v/vspfiles/..._datasheet.pdf

Diodes.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    DJ DevCo

Tech Convert

Bump! Can anyone help me I really don't want to mess up my VCI.

Tech Mentor

there are loads of threads on this particular subject id be unsure of those diodes as the ones used in the mod videos are IN4001's and to my knowledge were not switching diodes at all as the current needs to only flow 1 way to the button. hopefully someone with more technical knowledge could give more help to you on if they will work.

i personally arcade modded my VCI 100 and can say its lovely just need to switch out my LEDs next.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the knowledge Michael. The reason I got switching diodes is because that's what Ean tells you to get in the tutorial found at the following link. http://www.djtechtools.com/2007/10/1...to-a-vci-100/#

I know it says the page is out of date but that was the only place I could find any info on what diodes to use and it states that they don't have to be exact. Please any one with the knowledge of this I have searched the forums for days and no luck.