writing you're biography...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default writing you're biography...

what's happenin DJTT!

I know this might have been touched on before, but I couldn't find anything from the search - but I'm really struggling to write a bio for myself for myspace etc.

I wrote my band's one ages ago, but that didn't really include me, and it was alot easier to map out a band's history - but I'm finding it difficult to write one about myself, which comes across as both creative, impressive - but not bigging myself up too much! (it's hard man )

The other problem is that the actual DJing experience I have is fairly extensive for someone my age, but it's all from organised events, school discos and parties - which sounds really naff on a bio...

I'm sure you've all written yours, and if anyone could give me an insight into how I might go about it - then I'd be really grateful

Bio? I keep a diary... sometimes...

no man, i don't mean autobiography! lol i'm talking about the little bio section on myspace! I know its stupid, but I think that's a pretty important part of the page...

Write it in the third person, as if you yourself were the promoter trying to get you out there. include the relevant details, but you also want to put a bit of your personality into it.
    Include stuff like:
    What or who got you into music in the first place.
    How you got started DJ'ing
    Party and Gig experience
    Some details about the genre you play and musical taste.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

nice one man! do u reckon it'd be a good idea to make the language creative or straightforward?

Oooooooooh the myspace bio! I hate reading so I'm gonna write a short and sweet bio that people will remember. A girl I know started her CV with writing "I want to be the next prime minister". She didn't, but all the execs who read her letter remembered her and she got plenty of interviews

creatively straight forward. chuck some links in there and your up and running.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Confucius says:

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    creatively straight forward.

nice one - cheers people

i may even post it up on here for your viewing pleasure/critique...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast