Just got my VCI-100SE...a couple of things...

Default Just got my VCI-100SE...a couple of things...

I just ended up going to my post office to pick up my VCI-100 SE. There wasn't a note on my door or anything...and they found it. So that was cool.

Paying another $30 for Customs Fees and Delivery Charge (?) wasn't...but such is life.

The VCI-100 is actually heavier than what it looks like...and I like that. It doesn't feel cheap!

The platters feel a little wobbly...I don't know if that's by design or not, but you can tell that when you push down on one side, the other side pops up a wee bit...again not that big of a deal at all.

Here's some things I don't quite understand, nor have read about:

1) Not all the lights work. The 4 buttons for EFX and the Deck Copy button don't light up when you touch them. Everything else lights up ok. I'm going to assume that this is a setting in the .tks file.

2) Speaking of lights. When you hit a button or perform an action that will turn on one of the blue lights, all the lights that are on 'flash' brighter for a split second. I tried recording this on a digital camera, but it didn't come out too well. This would occur when you hit either cue button, or you turn Juggle on using the Performance Mode knob.

3) The new .tks file for CDJ1000 style emulation is what I'm using. It seems as though there are a number of entries that aren't mapped to anything. Is this by design? I don't think this is a big deal...(I've attached screenshots).

I think that's about it for now...I like what I have...it was definitely worth it! I've played around with it for a couple of hours and can't wait to play around with it some more
    Last edited by Chilly; 07-23-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Tech Mentor

Yup I can pretty much confirm with what you said, except for the pop up issue. As far as the other issues im sure we can start a post were we can also work on the tks. file to improve it or with any updates with Traktor fix it. We shouldn't leave it to Ean, to fix all the issues but rather start an open source community, were we all contribute to the project.

Basically lets start an open source community for this midi controller. Sure we can start communities for other controllers but this is for people who love the vci-100 se and the original vci-100.
    Thank Ya!!!

I second the idea of an open source group...
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    Format: Indie DJ, Electro House, Dubstep, DnB, House
    www.urban-fabric.net
    www.twitter.com/urbanfabricfm

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I just ended up going to my post office to pick up my VCI-100 SE. There wasn't a note on my door or anything...and they found it. So that was cool.

The platters feel a little wobbly...I don't know if that's by design or not, but you can tell that when you push down on one side, the other side pops up a wee bit...again not that big of a deal at all.

1) Not all the lights work. The 4 buttons for EFX and the Deck Copy button don't light up when you touch them. Everything else lights up ok. I'm going to assume that this is a setting in the .tks file.

2) Speaking of lights. When you hit a button or perform an action that will turn on one of the blue lights, all the lights that are on 'flash' brighter for a split second. I tried recording this on a digital camera, but it didn't come out too well. This would occur when you hit either cue button, or you turn Juggle on using the Performance Mode knob.

3) The new .tks file for CDJ1000 style emulation is what I'm using. It seems as though there are a number of entries that aren't mapped to anything. Is this by design? I don't think this is a big deal...(I've attached screenshots).
    1) there is no way in traktor to send out data for direct fx selection- deck copy may be possible but seemed not needed.

2) yes- they all do that- its a strange hardware bug- but kind of cool.

3) they are just extra assignments that were tested and then not used- you can delete them if you want. Eventually I will clean up the final TKS.

4) Opens source? yes, please contribute your thoughts or ideas and even TKS files for improving the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    1) there is no way in traktor to send out data for direct fx selection- deck copy may be possible but seemed not needed.

2) yes- they all do that- its a strange hardware bug- but kind of cool.
    Perfect! Thanks for the quick response...at least I know that it is not something unique to my system

3) they are just extra assignments that were tested and then not used- you can delete them if you want. Eventually I will clean up the final TKS.
    That's what I figured...but you never know

4) Opens source? yes, please contribute your thoughts or ideas and even TKS files for improving the performance.
    +3

Tech Mentor

Great!!! Now we just have to get this started and make sure its not all talk. We already have 100 djs with the product. Im sure we have some qualities, that can bring the open source program to professional plateau.
    Thank Ya!!!

Luv2xra...this was your idea...why not have the honors of starting a topic on it officially and we can build off each other?

Tech Mentor

Im already procrastinating and Im already a hypocrite. Anyways, Im thinking on how to startthe group effort. Please give me a bit of time to setup a game plan.
    Thank Ya!!!