LED issues when using i-Mix (not reloaded) with Traktor 2
    Tech Student

Default LED issues when using i-Mix (not reloaded) with Traktor 2

Hi gang,

New user here. I searched but no luck on this specific problem. IF there is a thread, I'm sorry! :]

Issue: I purchased the i-Mix (not reloaded version). It came with Traktor 3 LE software and it works out of the box with it. All of the lights on the i-Mix as far as LEDs and button lights work and react as they should when being used (on/off/blinking/etc).

The problem is that I have been using Traktor 2 previous to purchasing the i-Mix, and the LEDs and lights do not work the same as it does with Traktor 3.

Please note that the i-Mix DOES work with Traktor 2, it's the LEDs and lights that are not working. Just the green power button lights up.

I'm using this on a macbook pro if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide, thanks!

i guess u either need to look for a different tsi someone has created or have a go at mapping the led's yourself. have a look in the controller manager (prefs > controller manager) and look for a control called "Deck Play" with I/O=In and see if there's a corresponding I/O=Out to make the play button light up. if not try "Add Out... > Transport > Deck Play", enter 'a' for deck and enter the same midi info as the "In'. could be the Out's just haven't been added to your mapping...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i guess u either need to look for a different tsi someone has created or have a go at mapping the led's yourself. have a look in the controller manager (prefs > controller manager) and look for a control called "Deck Play" with I/O=In and see if there's a corresponding I/O=Out to make the play button light up. if not try "Add Out... > Transport > Deck Play", enter 'a' for deck and enter the same midi info as the "In'. could be the Out's just haven't been added to your mapping...
    Thanks for the feedback,

This is my first time using a mixer so the mapping was new to me and it was my first time at it.

I'll look into what you mentioned though, it sounds like that may be the solution. From the mapping perspective, I just made sure the functions were mapped to the correct control on the mixer. As far as the I/O, it's still new to me.

I'll give it a shot tonight and report back. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jdoglol View Post

I'll give it a shot tonight and report back. Thanks again!
    give it a shot and come back with any problems. in traktor u either map an "in" or "out" (I/O) the "in" being from the controller to traktor to actually do stuff and the "out" being from traktor to the controller to light up leds. at least u have a working mapping so all the "in"'s must be ok anyway.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Student

Ah! Ok, I did not realize that. That's probably my issue. Like I mentioned earlier, all the mappings I made from the controller to traktor work perfectly. It's the behavior of the lights that do nothing. Thanks!

Ah! Ok, I did not realize that. That's probably my issue. Like I mentioned earlier, all the mappings I made from the controller to traktor work perfectly. It's the behavior of the lights that do nothing. Thanks!
    cool, makes sense. hence it's the out's u are missing then one pain in the ass with traktor is that u can't use "learn" for the out's, but at least u know what they need to be as u have the in's learned already.

as you're on a mac i'd suggest picking up the app xtrememapping, which will make adding all the out's a lot less painful... only costs about 5usd i seem to remember.

Default Help!

Hi gang,

New user here. I searched but no luck on this specific problem. IF there is a thread, I'm sorry! :]

Issue: I purchased the i-Mix (not reloaded version). It came with Traktor 3 LE software and it works out of the box with it. All of the lights on the i-Mix as far as LEDs and button lights work and react as they should when being used (on/off/blinking/etc).

The problem is that I have been using Traktor 2 previous to purchasing the i-Mix, and the LEDs and lights do not work the same as it does with Traktor 3.

Please note that the i-Mix DOES work with Traktor 2, it's the LEDs and lights that are not working. Just the green power button lights up.

I'm using this on a macbook pro if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide, thanks!
    Thats strange, straight out of the box, my LEDs do not work in Traktor 3 LE. do you have a tsi file for Traktor 2 (for the iMix)? I have been struggling to map mine.