omni mod

Thread: omni mod

Default omni mod

Hey guys,
    I wana start a thread dedicated to all of us with a numark omni. I have been thinking of ways that I could mod my omni and want to know what ideas every one else has and if anybody has modded yet I look forward to hearing from you.

Hey there! I recieved my omni just this morning! had a day of fiddling around with it and trying some different arrangements. (I'm using it in conjunction with Traktor Pro)

Programming the LEDs was a pain because they are all in muddled order, so when you select one, it lights up another! Spent a good hour or 2 making a list of which programmings made which button light up, so all is well now.

My one problem though is I can't for the life of me work out how to get the LED on the 'page' button (just above the volume faders).........cant seem to find which button is linked to the LED for that one! Any help anyone?

I tried something quite nice which worked.....I'm using the 2 jog wheels to scan through the corresponding decks, by default I have set them to a very slow speed for accuracy when moving scanning through the track. But I have set the 2 'set cue' buttons as modifiers for their relevant jog wheels. E.G when I click the deck A 'set cue' button, it lights up and modifies the jog wheel so that when I scan, it is at a much faster speed for getting from say the beginning of a track to the tail end....and I click it again, light goes off, and back to accuracy on the jog wheel!

Made a big difference, that was the one thing I kept going back to my laptop to do, but now I have got the modifiers set up, I have a wealth of control over moving through my tracks, all from the omni....

How about you, how are you finding it?

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...3&d=1238263007

That should help you, i use it for my stealth control. Thats a cool idea with the jogs, ive not really messed with mine yet, i can't decide what to do with it.

oh my god riley, thank you. lol, wowwwww. time to get back to pimping my stealth.

Dont worry about it!

Just remember to post yout tsi!

These should help.

I am in the middle of writing my new .tsi im doing the same with my jog wheels and also using a mod button to use the left effects knobs for both effects banks and the left effects knobs for selecting loops and loop sizes. has anybody thought about adding arcade buttons im in the process of lerning cad so i can see what it looks like.

Excellent diagrams. We should start making a DJTT database of these mapping images for midi freaks everywhere.

Bento?

keep waiting for the mapping database