Prepping laptop for gig - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gamebooster.
    Disable all network adaptors, acpi.sys battery controller, webcam in device manager
    Turn off all the fancy windows glitter, e.g aero peek.
    Run a thorough defrag.
    Rock out.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

If I disable stuff in the new user account I'm guessing it won't affect my regular user?

All the UI type stuff is independent for each account. However, i believe if you disable devices that may affect all users.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

What's the deal with leaving Traktor open for however long without using it as well as the s2 being disconnected?
    Doing an opening and then a closing set and would like to keep the tracks I've played notification up. If it's an issue though it's no biggie.

This is really not an attempt at a troll post, but does Traktor Pro 2 by the end of 2012 still need an "optimized" version of Window to run smooth?
    I mean, I run it from a 3 year old 13" MacBook Pro and a friend uses it on a 1 week old untweaked Windows 8 install and both run great.

To be honest, I still have to be convinced that Traktor actually runs shitty on a Vista install, let alone a decent W7 install.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Guru

Mine runs fine usually. Sometimes goes a bit dodgy if I forget to turn the wifi off though. Just wanted to minimise the chance of any glitches at a gig

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    This is really not an attempt at a troll post, but does Traktor Pro 2 by the end of 2012 still need an "optimized" version of Window to run smooth?
    I've never had a problem @home not using game booster/ power script, but playing out it's better to be safe than sorry so I run both

stuff like this makes me thankfull i have a 2.6ghz 8gb ram macbook

I run Traktor on an ancient 2008 MBP. Works just fine.

PS: I don't exactly want to take my brand new MPB 13" to gigs if this old laptop works fine.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12