Question on Arcade Mod

Default Question on Arcade Mod

Yea so 2 or 3 weeks ago (when the firmware kit came in stock) I purchased and installed my new black traktor pro overlay along with upgrading my firmware from 1.2 to 1.3. Unfortunately for me they just came out with the new Arcade Mod kit a week ago.

So my question is....is it possible to cut through the metal of the VCI-100 creating the 8 circles without the squares. In Ean's youtube video, he says if you give the CAD file to the machine shop they will leave squares behind, which can be covered with the included black overlay. The thing is, I don't want to buy another overlay (im on a budget...still have to buy soldering iron). I want to cut through the already applied overlay and the metal casing, creating a circles without the ugly squares. Is it possible?
    |Traktor Pro 1.2|TSI 2.2|VCI-100 FW 1.3|Akai LPD8|Numark DJIO|Toshiba Satellite A215|

Tech Wizard

Unfortunately it won't work - as you can see, the square holes will show between the buttons.

oooo i see now...thnx for the picture.

I guess i'll stick with the stock buttons for now. I don't want to throw away $30 down the drain and take off my 3 week old Traktor Pro overlay and replace it with the arcade one.

I'll just wait :P

I'll probably just upgrade the knobs, once they come in stock. Oh yea does the black knob and fader kit come with black platters for the jog wheels?
    |Traktor Pro 1.2|TSI 2.2|VCI-100 FW 1.3|Akai LPD8|Numark DJIO|Toshiba Satellite A215|

Tech Wizard

An alternative might be to create a partial cover plate with round holes to go on top of your old overlay. I guess you could ask your machine shop to do one for you using the one that came with your silver VCI-100 as a template. That would then cover the square holes. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Fiffi; 08-01-2009 at 04:21 PM.

that sounds like a really good idea THNX

Damn it now I wish i had payed for the arcade layout and not just the kit. I think my kit shipped already.
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

does anyone know where or how I can get a full scale printout of the CAD file so I can make my own template and cut it out myself. I use a MAC so I dont know what cad program to use or converter.

Thanks for the help
    Beat Laboratory: MBP/Serato Scratch 2.2/2xKRK Rokit 6/2XTechnics SL-1200s/DJM700

Tech Wizard

You can open the cut guide with Adobe Illustrator or any other software that can open .DXF files.