Pioneer, Technics faders

Default Pioneer, Technics faders

I've noticed an Ebay shop in the UK which supplies Technics 1210 faders and Pioneer DJM 600 faders.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/methleykev__W0QQ_armrsZ1

What I'd like to know is the resistance values of these faders. Do they all come as standard 10k, or is this the reason (apart from the price) that I haven't seen anyone build with them?

Once again all information will be gratefully received.

Sup,

Not sure what one your looking at. Those look kinda expensive. Is this for your diy project or a replacement part for your deck/mixer?. Also are you looking for volume faders (stiff) or a dj X fader?

If thats not a specific part you need and you looking at options read on

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....TS60-02L-103B2

this is what I got for my dj fader 10k for hid or midi device. For my pitch sliders I got some led lighted sliders. The dj slider cost $13 US , the led slide pots were like 5 or $6 , normal pots around $2.50. Maybe the cost are different where you are. Im not a expert but I have spent awile looking through the manufacturers catalogs.
    Last edited by kaleaf; 07-29-2009 at 05:06 AM.

As far as I remember technics just use alps faders anyway mate, so save yourself some cash and just go for those, not sure about pioneer tho
    SC | MC

Thanks guys.

I was looking at buying both - pitch control (Technics) and volume faders (Pioneer) for a complete new build. Since I'm in the UK, Mouser Electronics want to charge me almost double the price of the fader just to get it to me.

I'm very much an old school House DJ and wanted it to feel as authentic as I could. I was thinking of a simple 2/3 channel mixer style, since it will be my first build. I would also add lots of arcade buttons.