the spade setup
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the spade setup

Default the spade setup

Heres my dj/ producer / home theater av rack / table

you can also check out my build thread for the rest of my home theater over at htguide. hifi speakers included
    here is the link

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...925#post543925

This build is all about saving space!

the top section is a two man lift and ment to be carried in a truck. most of my time i just mess around at home so thats okay for me.

here is the final result.. so far the table isn't actually done yet. its supposed to have a slide out desk and a glass case around the record slots. ill post pictures when its all done haha can't wait

and here is the timeline of work!

The frame

Its one of the Slot boxes to hold records

The top table section is removable From the base to take the trip to parties. Pritty heavy though. definatly 2 person lift

Here is the frame bars that im going to sand down smoother with my belt sander and then fiberglass over and bondo. The corners of this table are too sharp to just bend a piece over unless i had really thin plywood. But i need them to be durable so im using 1/4 inch

Upside down bottom portion of the table with the av rack frame installed.

The tables feet

The inside corners were pritty rough so i had to hand sand them with this home made sanding block as none of my power sanders could get an inside corner like that since they are flat.

Here i am sanding an inside corner

Installed the light sockets and wires in the table today Going to use floresecent bulbes from the home depot. And once i get things sanded better im going to install a glass plate so they are flush mounted.

As you can see the tables got legs that retract for when its on the bottom base. I had to cut and then re weld them. because my table was too narrow and wanted them to be flush when retracted.

This was before i did any of the fiberglass / bondo work so the light is bleeding through the corners

All primed up and ready to go !

Update 20120429 finished the paint!
    and
    Loaded the decks

Glamour shot haha

Bottom frame

Check out my Rack!!! Haha always wanted to say that.
    From top to bottom:
    My Customac mac Running OS X for plex, with amd 6870 grafics, core i7 2600k, 16gb of ram, and 6 drive bays with 2 filled for 4tb total. Then it's my pioneer vsx 53, crown xti 2000 for subwoofer amplification, and my ps3 for bluray movies and games.

Oh naw it's got ricer lightes haha. In the picture they look kinda pink which is not what I'm going for. But in person the lights look red. So my camera sucks.

edit 20121106 haha got a better camera Eos 7d actually with a super awesome deal on it like $700 shipped

the slots are for records The little square hole inbetween the record slots is for a removable brace to Hold the records upright better when I get more vinyl. I'll post new pics when I finish them. the actual records will eventually be encased in glass

The legs folded up

The top includes two original black technics 1200, a denon mc 6000, and the maschine all wrapped up with an audio 8 inside.

24'' apple cinema display

new barstools!!! 8)

the new door to the AV rack

all together see i told you its red light

mega sub update 20121106

just got back from overseas

and built this! thought id share on here

btw its the tuba ht low profile sub from bill fitzmaurice.
    it can get so loud it will shake the entire house, and i mean everything all your dishes rattling, windows flexing back and forth kinda stuff!
    haha i don't turn it up that loud all the time just to see what it can do you know. actually i only did it once for like 5 min. needless to say i received a noise complaint the first time i did it from my next door neighbor (our houses are attached, she is cool though.) haha she said she almost thought it was some kinda earth quake at first, her house was shaking too

anyways heres some pics on the build process haven't finished painting it yet. its still in the primer stage.

this is the inside. its a horn sub

did some upholstery work on it.
    man black leather is crazy hard to upholster with, haha well i am a beginner. this is when it wasn't that tight yet

update 20121111 all finished and painted

thought you guys might like this too. this is how i came up with the idea for the dj desk. i was bored one day drawing some abstract art and well this is what came out of that drawing. this is a old pic of my coffee table. once i get my new couch in I'm going to re paint it and cover the black with black leather instead to match things better.

oh and here are some pics of my main speakers. they are a tritrix build from parts express. they are pretty nice and sound great. but not quite audiophile quality. so I'm building new ones as we speak. they are going to be the statements. I'm building two mains center and two monitors for my dj desk. apparently they sound better or as good as most line arrays. which is what i originally wanted.

Last edited by spadenation; 11-11-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Tech Mentor

Fantastic custom build. Looks great. Is there a reason you decided to go with a Dennon Controller instead of a S4?
    Traktor SP2 | Audio 10 DJ | DJM 800 Rotary | 1200 M3D's | Shure M44G's | NI Kontrol X1 | KRK RP8's | Ableton Live 8 | M-Audio FW 410 | Akai MPK 61 | NI Kontrol S4|

MY MIXES: Mixcloud TWITTER: DjScottMichael

holy crap dude, you have serious skills, thats a great table! its looks sexy too, haha, like the nice red accent lighting
    NI Kontrol S2 l TP2 l Allen and Heath Xone: K2 l NI Kontrol F1 l l Oxygen 49 l Macbook Pro 13" l Odyssey L-Stand l AIAIAI TMA-1 cans l Ableton l FL Studio

hey scott. just never was a fan of the s4. soundcard sucks, faders suck, imputs suck, outputs suck. wanted one of those pioneer djm-t1 for a bit of control over the traktors fx. but its cheeper to just get a used mc-6000 and a ni audio 6. plus you get two extra decks or fx controls.

im considering upgrading to a denon mc-6000 from a s2 actually, haha. hows it doin for ya?
    NI Kontrol S2 l TP2 l Allen and Heath Xone: K2 l NI Kontrol F1 l l Oxygen 49 l Macbook Pro 13" l Odyssey L-Stand l AIAIAI TMA-1 cans l Ableton l FL Studio

This is sick. Great job mate!!!
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

The build is amazing but, why facing a wall?
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Tech Wizard

really really good work there!

Wow! Really cool stuff man!
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

hey if you guys are looking into the mc 6000, and want to add timecode, beware. the software on this controller is buggy for that purpose (you have to use the audio 6, 8 , or 10) . but if your good with mapping go for it (your going to end up making a custom map). and whatever you don't follow the guide on traktor bible for using jack. it will completely mess up your traktor installation and you will have to reinstall.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast