Easiest way to record mix?
    jonham

Default Easiest way to record mix?

I'm trying to find the easiest way to record my mixes, as I would like to just be able to send the recordings to the online radio station I work with. What are my best options? I'd like to avoid buying anything at this point. I'm using 2 CDJ-350's and a DJM-400; I also have 2 USB cables that I can run from the cdjs to my MBP. I've heard of Acid Pro, but I'm not familiar with the software. Any help is much appreciated.

Tech Mentor

connect one of your master outs of your mixer to your microphone-input of your laptop and record using audacity (free) or any other free recording software (garage band if you are using a mac works aswell). should work like this.

jonham

Perfect. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    connect one of your master outs of your mixer to your microphone-input of your laptop and record using audacity (free) or any other free recording software (garage band if you are using a mac works aswell). should work like this.
    Ya I would just use audicity, very to use and download!

Tech Convert

This is why I prefer the DJM-350. I've used it to record my friend's set live at a large club and it just feeds from any LINE LEVEL stereo source, typical of what emerges from any mixer, in this case an old RAINE, and writes it to a USB stick. Simple and robust. Pricey, though.

24-bit deep, 48KHz sample rate

Dragging a laptop around is to be avoided where possible and this is coming from a computer guy.

It's the best recorder I've encountered ... something they should've added to the DJM-400.
    Last edited by aegersz; 12-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.