What's with Virtual DJ (Pro) hate?

Default What's with Virtual DJ (Pro) hate?

I've been DJing for about a year and a half (although new on here) and I use VDJ Pro. I've played around in Traktor, not so much with Serato, but I find them to be less user-friendly and find that I work faster and more effectively in VDJ Pro.

However, I've noticed that VDJ is less-common and there are a lot of people with stanky opinions on the software. I hear all the time: "VDJ? Nah, I'm a real DJ, I use Traktor/Serato." I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion, but OBJECTIVELY, am I missing something?

Input appreciated

Expect snobbery. Use what you like using, there are no fixed rules and don't get influenced by the herd mentality.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

You're not missing anything, mate. You've found something that works for you and you should stick with it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Personally I prefer VDJ over Traktor too. However, it is soooooo expensive to get the Pro software, whereas Traktor is relatively cheap (all you need to buy is an Audio 2 at around £70, or the Timecode Pack for around the same price).

The thing I probably liked most about VDJ is that the tracks are overlayed, so its easier for me too see how things line up.

That said, I would much prefer to bin all software anyway, and mix mp3's and stuff with proper CDJ's. But, until I can afford to get 2000's, I guess I'm stuck with Traktor
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

wish they'd hurry up and release VDJ8.. 7.3 was a sham and the only good thing that came of it was the parametric eq... but all atomix will say is that the eq and indeed the sound engine in VDJ8 is still better having heard DJDecks in action I don't doubt it... but grrr! over a year is a long ass time to wait without any projected release date. /rant

VDJ7 is still pretty awesome if your into customising but again VDJ8 will apparently kick every other software's butt in everything but aesthetics.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!