[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mapping - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hey,
    I really like the IsolatorFX mapping and i'd like to map it myself on my TerminalMix4, but i don't get the basic idea. Can you help me?

How does the mapping work? What i've understood is smthng like this:

if deckD EQ knobs are stay 12 o'clock the original track's EQ is on and the duplicated deck EQ's killed.
    When you turn one of the EQs forward the original deck's EQ turns kill on and
    the dry/wet is increasing on one of the effect decks. Am I right?

So this mapping uses 3 out of 4 effect deck one for the Highs, one for the Mids... doesn't it.

What happens if you turn one of the EQ knobs left from 12 o'clock?
    How can I map "duplicate the focused deck" command?

Thanks for your reply.
    This is an awesome mapping. Congrat!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cso93 View Post
    How does the mapping work? What i've understood is smthng like this:

if deckD EQ knobs are stay 12 o'clock the original track's EQ is on and the duplicated deck EQ's killed.
    When you turn one of the EQs forward the original deck's EQ turns kill on and
    the dry/wet is increasing on one of the effect decks. Am I right?
    EQing part is correct. Effects can be mapped for increasing dry/wet signal as knob is turned above center but my mapping doesn't include it. I rather do it manually with other dedicated knob.

So this mapping uses 3 out of 4 effect deck one for the Highs, one for the Mids... doesn't it.
    No, my mapping applies all four FX units for any of EQ frequencies in Isolator deck.

What happens if you turn one of the EQ knobs left from 12 o'clock?
    It control EQ adjusting of focused deck as long as knob is before 12h.

How can I map "duplicate the focused deck" command?
    Add in > Track Teck > Duplicate Track Deck - then assign deck target for deck D.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    EQing part is correct. Effects can be mapped for increasing dry/wet signal as knob is turned above center but my mapping doesn't include it. I rather do it manually with other dedicated knob.
    So what does the EQ knob do after 12h?

Add in > Track Teck > Duplicate Track Deck - then assign deck target for deck D.
    I have Traktor 2.6 and there is no "Duplicate Track Deck" command just "Duplicate A, B, C or D" so I can't do it with one push encoder... :/

Anyway Thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by Cso93; 01-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.

That's the reason why I have posted image with all MIDI assignments - so ya'll can download my CNTRL:R mapping and compare control diagram and MIDI diagram to replicate any of features to your controllers if you like.

Update 3:

Second bank (IG 1 mode) > Gater select and engage in one press - fixed. It wasn't nothing big to worry but thought it should be done anyways so I added missing Store Preset command for this two buttons that trigger Gater.

Updated for both DJTT and Traktorbible mapping pages.

Tech Convert

Default Awesome mapping!

Awesome mapping Stewe! I think it really showcases the power of the Livid controller (and of course your mapping skills!).

Been having a play all morning whilst it snows outside! Quick question - in your mapping is there a way of killing or activating the Filter knobs (second row on the right hand side)?

Thanks GuillaumeB, I made it with a lot of enthusiasm. Currently there isn't such functionality for Filter on/off but I can add it in next update. Maybe to activate it automatically when knob is moved and to disengage it using shift button in combination with Filter knob turn, what do you think?

Also I can made command to reset value to center along with kill.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Maybe to activate it automatically when knob is moved and to disengage it using shift button in combination with Filter knob turn, what do you think?

Also I can made command to reset value to center along with kill.
    Sounds pretty good to me! The only other thing is that sometimes I like to set the filter at 15-20% before activating. Anyway you've got plenty of other filters set up in FX so no biggie.

Have you posted this on the Livid forum? I'm sure the folks at Livid would be really happy to see your work (if they haven't already!).

GB

I haven't posted it there yet but intend to after I shoot one performance video (need to buy better camera) although they have already seen this mapping and shared it on their FB page.

Default CNTRL:R ultimate tool

This is a diagram of the beta project I'll be finishing pretty soon. What I did here was to took my advanced mapping, keep double focus feature and turned all hotcue pads in to 15 page/bank selector along with it's own new shift button function (many of banks are double layered). Main idea here is to have more flexibility between selecting banks without need to hold shift as my advanced mapping currently does it. Hotcue function is still there, it's just moved in to one of 15 pages and 'RMX' bank will stay blank for now until NI unlocks the basic functionality of remix deck mapping.

As you might notice first pad row is associated with effect controls and second row controls pretty much every aspect of transport controls in Traktor.

Stay tuned

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast