[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R advanced mapping - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Stewe that new mapping looks amazing!

Another quick question - when I import your current TSI file into Traktor I get a number of different options in list Device:

pro 2 default mapping
    CNTRL:R transport
    CNTRL:R bank mode
    Isolate FX
    support device - toggle g/s

Does it matter which one is selected in the drop down list? Are all of these "devices" effectively active in the Traktor system (as long as corresponding in and out ports are correctly chosen)?

Apologies if this is a really dumb question, still trying to figure a lot of this out! Previously used an S4...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yes the mapping loads four separate devices and only reason for that is limited number of modifiers in Traktor. Meaning, when I burn all eight modifiers that comes with a single generic device I must add new one that provides a new set of eight modifiers. Also, this way I can keep things more organized because this mapping is a bit complex.

pro 2 default mapping..................... Default keyboard mapping
    CNTRL:R transport......................... Double focus, hotcues, samples
    CNTRL:R bank mode....................... FX units, Instant Gratification, Browser, Loop rec
    Isolate FX.................................... Isolator omly
    support device - toggle g/s............. name says it, it's for workarounds and additions

It doesn't matter which device is currently selected in meny. They are all working simultaneously and that's a beauty. If you got any more questions or doubts please let me know.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Yes the mapping loads four separate devices and only reason for that is limited number of modifiers in Traktor. Meaning, when I burn all eight modifiers that comes with a single generic device I must add new one that provides a new set of eight modifiers. Also, this way I can keep things more organized because this mapping is a bit complex.

CNTRL:R bank mode....................... FX units, Instant Gratification, Browser, Loop rec
    support device - toggle g/s............. name says it, it's for workarounds and additions

It doesn't matter which device is currently selected in meny. They are all working simultaneously and that's a beauty. If you got any more questions or doubts please let me know.
    Makes complete sense, many thanks!

Looking forward to seeing your new mapping.

Tech Wizard

Hey Stewe, you've just opened my eyes! I always had the problem of too few modifiers in my mappings. One question though, how do you interlink the different generic devices? Is there a way to carry over a certain mod value from one device to another? This is gonna solve sooo many problems!

Quote Originally Posted by edeoldi View Post
    Is there a way to carry over a certain mod value from one device to another?
    No. You can't share modifier values between devices. Although that would be nice addition (mark mod as general or global), as well as new condition slot and at least double the modifiers.

Next step - ultimate tool.

Tech Convert

Next step - ultimate tool.

Looks amazing!!!

Tech Convert

Stewe - I have another question. Can you explain how the 5 different banks/layers work from a mapping perspective? I'm familiar with the use of modifiers but I'm not sure I understand how you have created these different layers. Each layer is almost a separate controller. I'd love to know how to create these on my CNTRL:R

This ain't easy to explain by steps... Sorry

I made a thread a while ago about setting four banks, maybe replicating those settings can be helpful:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

Tech Convert

This ain't easy to explain by steps... Sorry

I made a thread a while ago about setting four banks, maybe replicating those settings can be helpful:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271
    Great, thanks Stewe.