Traktor Audio to Ableton
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Audio to Ableton

I am trying to figure out how to get the audio from Traktor to Ableton and still have control of the volume faders in Traktor. I am using a 4Trak and an APC40. I can use external mode to send the audio on separate channels to Ableton just fine but I lose the ability to control the volume in Traktor with my 4Trak. If I use internal mode then all of my channels come out the master and I can still control the volume in Traktor but I dont have the option to use effects from Ableton on the different decks. I have tried external mode and mapping the 4Trak to ableton to just control the volume faders but the fader for deck D has a conflict with one of the midi controls on the APC40.

A long time ago I had a VMS4 and it used external routing and still allowed me to use the volume faders in Traktor. I think this is because of the "midilog" feature of the VMS4. That thing was a piece of crap and died on me so I got rid of it and dont have the option to test that.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can accomplish this setup?

Thanks.

Soundflower between?
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Soundflower between?
    I've tried that. Anything other than internal mode will cause me to lose control of the volume in Traktor. I'm just looking for a solution to be able to use Traktor primarily and then throw some things in with Ableton. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to use both internal and external at the same time or to use external and still have the volume faders function in Traktor.

On another note I've tried using midipipe to change the midi signal that the 4trak is sending to Ableton. That works but I have an issue with my 4Trak randomly that causes all of its lights to stop functioning and the jog wheel to jump a little bit (not sure why this happens but I figure it has something to do with running mountain lion and numark giving a crappy driver to us). I can't have this happen during a set at the bar because I have to exit Traktor and restart the 4Trak to fix it. Silence is one thing you dont want at the bar. lol