*Need your opinion*

Default *Need your opinion*

I've been Djing with a Numark Mixtrack Pro for over a year now. Which I can say was a great start for anyone that wants to start Djing and doesnt want to spend a lot of cash. But I've gotten into Djing so much that it's time for me to start upgrading. I've been looking into two different set ups. This is where I need your opinion.
    A.
    *Native Instruments Kontrol S2 (Used for $300 from a good friend)
    *2x Native Instruments F1 (New $250x2= $500)

***Total $800

OR

B.
    *Native Instruments Kontrol S4 (New $900)
    *Dj Tech Tools Midi Fighter Pro (New $300)

***Total $1,200

Both is a huge upgrade. Just B. will take me a lot longer to save up for.

Don't bother with 2 F1s, I thought the idea was awesome and bought one then decided it wasn't for me right now. You can always buy a second one later. Also bear in mind that with the S2 you'd have no volume fader or EQ for the Remix decks. I'd say S4 or VCI-400 and go from there. Maybe one F1 or a MF3D.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Don't bother with 2 F1s, I thought the idea was awesome and bought one then decided it wasn't for me right now. You can always buy a second one later. Also bear in mind that with the S2 you'd have no volume fader or EQ for the Remix decks. I'd say S4 or VCI-400 and go from there. Maybe one F1 or a MF3D.
    Don't get me wrong im a S4+F1+F1 BUT You dont need a slider for volume there are 4 on the F1

Personaly the S4 is the way to go, it has move features that you might use, but wouldnt miss if you didnt have them to start with.

Side note the people that told me you only need one F1 are the same people picking up their jaws off the floor at the end of my sets.

I Rock the S4+F1+F1+Maschine

I'm sure some people can rock am awesome set with 2 F1s, but going from a very basic 2 channel controller to a 4 deck setup with 2 remix decks is a hell of a big step. They're not going to stop selling F1s any time soon and one is enough to start with.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Vci 400 forsure. Definitely what I have my eye on right now.

Just don't get a midi fighter for god sake.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

For the second price you could get the Pioneer DDJ SX and 1 F1 witch is the setup I use right now.
    1 F1 is enough for most sets it takes 1 sec the most to switch from deck C to D and you can still use bouth at the same time.
    Exsample you trigger 4 samples on deck C press Shift + turn browser knob now your controlling deck D trigger some sample and now you like to do some filter on a sample on deck C Shift + browser knob now do your filter.
    I did have 2 F1 but sold 1 because it was overkill for what I do with remix decks.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

I'd definitely wait with adding a MF or F1. Master what you get first (or at least practice with for a month) then decide what 's missing (read: what RGAS tells you to buy)

I got an S4 for about 10 months and it's perfect for traktor. But really have you considered CDJs or Turntables ? Just a friendly warning because the S4 was good to learn traktor on but if you 're already decent because you mixed with a mixtrack for over a year it might be a perfect time to ditch the laptop. I found the S4 pretty dull to mix on after a while and I think setups without a laptop are more fun, or maybe a DVS setup without the laptop in front of your face.

It's just what I would do for me if I could turn back time.

And I see you want to get into controllerism, no offence, really, but I'm just saying it might not be like Ean Golden 's videos or the NI promos.