Non-DJing newbie here with an old VTT-101, looking for any pointers here.

Default Non-DJing newbie here with an old VTT-101, looking for any pointers here.

I picked up one of these VTT-101 a few days ago and I'm just looking to see how I can play around with it as an additional MIDI instrument or anything like that. I have a rather simple setup with the VTT, a small MIDI keyboard, and an Acer tablet (looks like this). I have Ableton Live LE on it which I mainly use just a soft synth.

I was planning on using the VTT as a scratch platter for some songs I'm working on. I'm also looking for any other ideas I could use it for effects during my playing. I'm not looking at using it like a traditional DJ turntable to beat match tracks or anything. I'm just trying to have some fun with this thing with along with my soft synth. Maybe emulate some scratch sounds with it in my playing. I'm good to try any kind of software suggestions also, not just Ableton.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FoX KiLLa View Post
    I picked up one of these VTT-101 a few days ago and I'm just looking to see how I can play around with it as an additional MIDI instrument or anything like that. I have a rather simple setup with the VTT, a small MIDI keyboard, and an Acer tablet (looks like this). I have Ableton Live LE on it which I mainly use just a soft synth.

I was planning on using the VTT as a scratch platter for some songs I'm working on. I'm also looking for any other ideas I could use it for effects during my playing. I'm not looking at using it like a traditional DJ turntable to beat match tracks or anything. I'm just trying to have some fun with this thing with along with my soft synth. Maybe emulate some scratch sounds with it in my playing. I'm good to try any kind of software suggestions also, not just Ableton.

Thanks.
    I'm not sure I understand you're question but if you look up DJ Bolivia on Youtube he has some detailed videos on dj'ing with Ableton that might give you some hints.

However, I wanted to ask, how do you like that VTT-101? How do you feel about its quality and build?

I am learning Traktor (I used to be on Itch) with an APC40 (which is fantastic with Ableton too, of course) but I was thinking of using 1 or 2 VTT-101's in my setup for more of a traditional DJ feel in my setup since right now moving around in a song with the APC-40 is accomplished with a knob.