What made you want to DJ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What made you want to DJ?

Title explains it all! What made you want to get into DJ'ing? Any inspirations? Figure would be a good post to interact with some community members. Feel free to post vids! I started about 2 years ago with some help with my cousin. Basically inspired me to dj. Was nerve racking when he sat down with me and talked about it. This is him DJ'ing somewhere in NYC! I'm not sure if there are any deep house heads here but basically what he does. My inspiration. Hopefully some day i'll be in his position.

I guess it kind of just made sense. I always loved music and ever since I've been listening to it I would always think of what would be a good next track to play while the current one is playing. So I tried it out eventually getting a pretty generic starting controller, but I guess my heart was not fully into it, so I kind of took a break. Having a desk job I would listen to a lot of music, stuff I have on my iPod eventually graduating to online mixes. I loved original sound dubstep since I first heard it so stumbling upon GetDarker I got fascinated by some of the sets being put out and I literally craved mixing. So I bit a bullet, bought another controller, now knowing exactly what and why exactly I want to do and never looked since. It's a pretty usual story but that's probably the best I can describe it, it just seemed natural to me. Great topic by the way. Cheers, man

Tech Wizard

I'm 23, and played guitar for about 8 years prior to turning 22, which is when I switched over from playing bass in a reggae band to focusing on producing electronic music. I always loved playing shows with my bands over the years; something about seeing people dance to the music you're playing, it's just such an amazing feeling.

My only concern is I feel like dance music is just a fad here in the States. I want to move to Europe so I can engulf myself in the culture. Over there I feel like people have a pure love for the music. On the contrary, I feel like many Americans listen to it because it's the "cool" thing to do these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there isn't anybody in America who has a true passion for dance music.

Tech Convert

My First Rave

Tech Mentor

My first pill.

I was clubbing all the time, and proper trollied too. So blew my student loan on a pair of 1210's, and begged & borrowed to buy vinyl.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Felt kinda natural, been playing music since I was 4 years old, always loved music. Got mad when a part of a song was amazing but the rest was quite bad. Can't really describe it, just happend.

Gettin' bitches.

Hasn't worked yet.

Tech Guru

initially me and two of my mates wanted to emulate a scottish production duo who did live shows back in the mid 90s, when we were 15...we realised we didnt know wtf to buy, and everything was really expensive so we thought djing was a good runner up.

we clubbed together and got a set of shit TTs and a 2ch mixer...one of my mates gave up after a few months, so there was just two of us self teaching, then slowly the other lost interest but i kept it going...

i remember when i was 15 (1999), telling my mum that i wanted to be a dj and she laughed...so when in April 2009 i left for the airport to debut at Ministry of Sound, i said...'remember when i told u i wanted to be a dj and u laughed?...my return flight gets in tomorrow at 3pm'...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

game over.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Lovely tune, Jester.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast