About the S4 & xone EQ-I've searched high and low but still have ?'s
    Tech Convert

Default About the S4 & xone EQ-I've searched high and low but still have ?'s

Hello all-I'm a long time reader and occasional poster. I am currently in the market for the S4 or possibly the 4Trak(leaning toward S4 for tight integration) However in all my searching online-I have only found it possible to map xone 4 Band eq to the S4 while losing "native NHL" functionality-this seems to tank the loop area(inaccurate or dim display etc) I use loops and long blends while mixing and I also HEAVILY use the xone eq. Is there a way to map JUST that 4th band without losing a bunch of functionality that NI intended?? The S4 is quite the investment-and I like it over the 4Trak for it's better portability-but if I'm going with NI-then I want my integration so to speak without destroying it over remapping 2 knobs...

Any help is appreciated-I've spent the better part of today looking in the NI forums(which I can't seem to post in for some reason... I've always forgotten my password over there and reset it multiple times-now I'm locked out-any help on that would be appreciated too)

Thanks in advance

-Rosko

DJ Rosko
    mixcloud.com/roskobeats
    soundcloud.com/djrosko
    2011 15" MBP 2.0 i7
    TP 2.5.1, Ableton Suite 8, Logic Studio 9
    Vestax VCI-100, TouchOSC, TrakProDJ Deluxe and a whole bunch of OSX/iOS integrated control stuff...

Yes why not, and without loosing the high definition protocol, but you'll need probably an available knob, so the one that makes sense is the filter knob, just remap all eq to the chosen new ones (by overriding the native commands - a new feature from the latest patch). You'll need to find another place for the filters eventually.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply Yul-you answered my question about 95%
    The other 5% is this:
    Basically in the latest patch-NI made it possible to remap knobs in the high level NHL language-so if I remap the EQ to Hi, Mid, MidLow and Filter to Low(mapping the filter knob to the shift button so holding shift=filter) without losing the loop display etc??

You will not lose the loop display.

There's a new function with the latest patch that allows you to remap the embedded ammping by addign a fucntion and ticking a option that will override the native function. As the eq and filter knobs have only one function without any other layer, you can remap those easily. As for keeping filters I would suggest to use filter as an fx so you can exactly create the filter you like with your preferred settings (or use the filter jog mode).

Hope that helps.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Convert

Wow you guys are the best-I'm grateful for your answers. So mapping my filter to the shift/Filter knob will successfully give me 4 band eq without losing native functionality... This is great.
    Any other suggestions are welcome as well.