Timecode signal!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Timecode signal!!

I've searched and searched, this is my last attempt at finding a resolution.

About a month ago I noticed that my Traktor Scratch pro 2 Timecode signals were dropping from my Mk2 vinyls and I was starting to skip. I restarted Traktor, fine for another hour then the same again. I initially though it was the decks so the next week I switched them out for another set of 1210's, an hour went by fine then it happened again.

At this point I suspected latency issues, so I raised it hour by hour, fixing it temporarily each time (got up to 26ms with issues) but eventually realised the problem must exist elsewhere. I've cut down any extra processes on my 2009 MacBook pro 13", wifi and Bluetooth off, no other program's open. I bought new vinyl, new carts, new needles..... Still there!

So next I tried a full reinstall, drivers and all, with no luck.

Could this be my audio 4 ?

Wish I had another mac to test it on!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

What version of Traktor are you running? Have you updated recently? if so, does the same issue happen in the previous version?

I'm guessing its as simple as dirty records or needles. Shit builds up after and hour or so, especially in a dusty room or in a room where people are smoking. Give your records a wipe every couple of tracks and make sure stuff isn't getting caught on the stylus.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Wizard

Was just about to say i tried rolling back to 2.0.1 as I'm on 2.6.0 at the minute.

Definitely not muck, I've dj'd Timecode for years now and I can tell this is something else, thanks though.

Before 2.5: Mk1
    2.5+: MkII
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Mk2 were released alongside Traktor 2 so any version 2.0 and up is ok isn't it? I'm on 2.6 now anyway.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Nope, MK2 is 2.1.1+

Tech Wizard

Cool, I knew it wasn't as late as 2.5 though.

details details
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Could be your computer playing up.

Maybe try de-fragging, cleaning your registry, etc...

Check how much free space you have on your drive. Lack of free space will slow your machine down...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast