Good Quality turntables for use with traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Quality turntables for use with traktor

I need a pair of turntables but dont know what kind to get or anything so can someone please at leat point me in the rihgt direction of where to look? I plan to use with the DJM 900 Nexus. Thanks.

Default add on

Oh, and i dont really plan to be using vinyl

can't go wrong with technic 1200s or stanton str8s. I highly recommend just buying top quality turntables instead of buying cheap ones first and buying better ones later, however, if those are out of your price range then i believe numark tt200s are a fairly decent low range turntables.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Search the vinyl and cdj section of the forum. LOTs of info. But, why do you want turntables if you won't be using vinyl? You can't play CDs on a turntable.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

So you own a DJM 900 Nexus but have no idea about turntables? All the gear no idea springs to mind! i'd sell your mixer get a cheaper one and but some technics

Tech Wizard

stantons st-150s or str8-150s (My favorites) ,I have also seen good reviews for the Audio-Technica AT-LP1240s. All the best turntables are basically the same, manufactured from hanpin company and sold to these turntable companys who slap their logo on it. They are known as "super OEM turntables" and are arguably the best turntables ever made for dj-ing.
    Last edited by rsciangula; 12-16-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

^obviously he has a DVS only setup in mind. Oh but he will turn to the dark side soon enough. Oh he will alright...

And I'd without a doubt recommend technics, model:whatever you can afford. They are a piece of art, a piece of history and perform well. On paper there are better turntables for sure, but I wouldn't trade them for my 1210s

Also general advice that I feel like I need to share. However tempting it may seem, stay away from the brand "JB Systems"

EDIT: took a while to type that out so I meant ^^^

Technics
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Guru

1200's are the gold standard. Buy them, use them, sell them for almost what you paid when you are done.

However, really any turntable with a pitch control will be "good enough". Keep in mind that with DVS, the turntable is just making a "tone" that is read by Traktor (or whatever)...the "music" comes from the software & soundcard. So any issues with needles, transport mechanisms, etc are all "second order" with DVS. The turntable does need to be "good enough" to keep reasonable time with the motor...but that's about it. Direct drive has a lot of advantages for DJing - with little to no discernible lag when starting the platter.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Technics 1200s are definitely the obvious choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast