Designing an all-in-one Traktor Controller
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Designing an all-in-one Traktor Controller

The 0Kontrol:

A few weeks ago I started coming up with ideas for an ideal Traktor controller. Quickly I realized the things I needed in a perfect controller:

~ 4 Deck Mixer with EQs, Filters, Gains and Kills
    ~ High Quality sound card
    ~ High Performance grid for Instant FX, Cues and Looping (Arcade buttons...)
    ~ Intuitive LED Feedback
    ~ Transport Controls & Controls of all mundane tasks (Snap, Quantize, Loop Recorder, ect.)
    ~ New intuitive FX controls with multiple banks of kick ass fun stuff (Jog & Pitch FX, X/Y Pad)
    ~ High Quality Jogs and X Fader

With this gargantuan list of costly controls I feared this was an impossible controller; A dream.

Not being an artist my first mock ups looked like... poop. After awhile things started to just look like one totally pimped out S4. Here's a pic:

0Kontrol.jpg

The Mixer:

Noticeably a large X/Y pad is located in the center of the controller. With 4 banks of FX and deck assigns I think this X/Y pad could easily contain bunches of fun. With a beatmasher and iceverb assigned on the fly buildups could make good use of its multiple midi messages. An S4 style loop recorder right above that. Browse encoder with all deck loading above that. Along with a Gain knob, Snap, Quantize and Browse buttons to top it off.

Each track would have headphone cue and X fader assigns, allowing for multiple decks on the X fade mix. Chunky Filter knobs and EQ with kills would make mixing comfortable. Top gain knobs and FX 1 and 2 assigns allow for more S4 resemblance.

The Decks

The arcade performance grid has four banks of functionality. One for Remix Decks, One for Cues, Two for instant grat FX. Simple SHIFT, SYNC, CUE, PLAY buttons mimic the S4. S4 style loopers directly above. A high quality Jog and pitch fader would allow for great mixing or Jog Pitch FX. Right on top would be FX unit one and encoder for FX selection.

Conclusion

Actually it seems everyone likes the concept. I might start working on making it actually happen once we have it finalized... Seems like it will be a mixer and a deck controller, or two deck controllers, or three, or FOUR!?!?! However many decks you need...
    Last edited by 0Notice; 12-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

That looks totally awesome
    I would definitely buy it
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Tech Mentor

Phono in's for vinyl / timecode addition...
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Great concept, maybe it's something you can achieve virtually on a tablet with TouchOSC or Lemur App?
    I personally think the VCI400 SE with a midi fighter has a lot of the same potential.

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Phono in's for vinyl / timecode addition...
    Sounds like a good idea! Ive always thought what if someone added transport functions and a midi fighter to a turntable... And an FX unit on top...
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Quote Originally Posted by beaubryte View Post
    Great concept, maybe it's something you can achieve virtually on a tablet with TouchOSC or Lemur App?
    I personally think the VCI400 SE with a midi fighter has a lot of the same potential.
    True a lot of this controller is kind of redundant on the FX side. But its still better to have more than less! I will be getting an iPad soon Lemur looks so lovely.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

New Midi Mixer design!

Mixer Design.jpg

Edit: Wow this was my 100th post!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Very nice! I'd certainly like something like this if I were a controller DJ.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Nice. Like that. Headphone input / controls on the front?
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Nice. Like that. Headphone input / controls on the front?
    Yea probably 2 headphone outs. Along with independent headphone controls.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast