Pioneer HDJ-1500
    Tech Wizard

Default Pioneer HDJ-1500

Hey all, I picked up a pair about a month ago and I've noticed I can't hear my cue through the mix when my speakers are turned up loud. I haven't played out yet, and I don't think I can with these because of this issue. It's one thing if I can't hear the mix in my room, but I would never dare try and play out at a club if that would be an issue. Unfortunately, when you go to a store to tryout different headphones, you're never really able to accurately recreate the volume in a DJ booth (or loud room for the matter).

Is this a common issue for these headphones? Is this precisely what separates the higher end headphones from the lower?

For what it's worth, I'm using an S4 with Traktor pro
    Last edited by WesErect; 12-16-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Have you tried.... turning them up?

Tech Wizard

Yes. I guess I just thought it went without saying that the problem occurs even when my cue is at full volume.

That sounds like more of an issue with your interface than the headphones.

Tech Guru

Make sure the S4 is plugged into a receptacle as well. Running off just USB power will give you low headphone volume and low LED output

Somethin wrong there, I use 1000's with an S4 and they're plenty loud enough to hear

I have a pair of these. Sometimes the cable turns (and they don't lock like the HDJ-2000s) and the sound cuts off. Make sure you tighten by turning the cable in the proper direction. I've played at a fairly large club with an insane sound setup and I can hear these well (I wear earplugs by the way). Hope this helps....
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by epikeddie View Post
    I have a pair of these. Sometimes the cable turns (and they don't lock like the HDJ-2000s) and the sound cuts off. Make sure you tighten by turning the cable in the proper direction. I've played at a fairly large club with an insane sound setup and I can hear these well (I wear earplugs by the way). Hope this helps....
    I have the headphones fully connected to the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Make sure the S4 is plugged into a receptacle as well. Running off just USB power will give you low headphone volume and low LED output
    This must be the problem because I do only plug it into the USB power. While I noticed the lower LED output, I didn't realize that the headphone volume decreased as well.

For those who don't have this problem with the S4, is your controller plugged into its AC adapter as well?

How is your cue set? To master, cue or somewhere in between?
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    How is your cue set? To master, cue or somewhere in between?
    Even when it's set fully to cue, I have problems hearing