A little revamping.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"gearlust-satisfiers"..... um no. Wanting a higher end pair of cables that trump the cheezy ones that come with the audio 10... Yes.

Like I said, you can get em in pairs for 45 a piece, and another 20 for the USB. For a mid to high end pair of cables, thats pretty reasonable. If you really care about sound quality, then I think 110$ is a pretty small price to pay. Why invest so much money in a mixer, audio card, maschine, X1, and then go cheap on the cables???

Cables have NO impact on sound quality. I truly hope you know that. It's a cheap marketing hoax. It victimizes people who are vulnerable for audio hocuspocus (like Bose customers) due to an impairing lack of normal reason.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Well, and your entitled to your own opinion, or whatever helps you sleep at night. But just the build quality alone on the Oyaides made them worth the $100 to me.

I recently attended the CNTRL tour that Richie hawtin and ean golden put on. During the lecture part, I believe it was Gaiser who pointed out how important a good set of RCA's are. He stated during one of his sets, he was experimenting with some cables that were promo'd to him. Apparently half way through his set, stuff started hissing, crackling and popping, and eventually gave out all together. He then switched to some higher end RCA's and picked up where he left off....

Quote Originally Posted by llumley View Post
    Well, and your entitled to your own opinion, or whatever helps you sleep at night. But just the build quality alone on the Oyaides made them worth the $100 to me.

I recently attended the CNTRL tour that Richie hawtin and ean golden put on. During the lecture part, I believe it was Gaiser who pointed out how important a good set of RCA's are. He stated during one of his sets, he was experimenting with some cables that were promo'd to him. Apparently half way through his set, stuff started hissing, crackling and popping, and eventually gave out all together. He then switched to some higher end RCA's and picked up where he left off....
    good cables will deffinately help with reliability due to the better build quality and better materials used but when dealing with less than 10' of unbalanced cables they wont make the audio sound better but gives you piece of mind reliability and some steez , i plan on getting the Class A (orange) Oyaide cables but not until i finish getting the rest of my gear in order

...Setup looks great!

Tech Mentor

Definitely agree that cables should be a priority just as much as any other piece of kit we buy.

The build quality is what you pay for, not necessarily the audio quality, even though that can be a bonus with some high end cables. You pay for strong soldered connections, better materials, and reliability. I see no point in spending thousands for gear and lacing it with 2nd rate extras.

Very true. Reliability is key. Just be warned that the entire cable manufacturer mafiatries to sell them to you on the argument of sound quality. Her in every store when you buy a TV they sell you a 100 euro HDMI cable on tha argumant that if you don't buy them your tv will not be performing to it's full quality. In high end audio they talk about "interlinks" and it's not uncommon to spend several hundred €'s on them.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

High end cables should have a lifetime warranty. Nice setup.
    Used Record Shopper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12