dripsteps Setup

Thread: dripsteps Setup

Default dripsteps Setup

This has been a long time coming, so here goes.

Started off messing around with demos and just my desk top. I had been around DJs since 2000, so i had played with turntables sporadically up until 2010 when I bought a Berhinger BCD3000. Which was later covered in white vinyl, as I'm a sucker for clean white gear.

I foamed and felted out a hard case for the controller as well so I could take it places without damaging it.

I needed some more buttons, so I took a USB number pad, and mapped the buttons to cuepoints. The speed that i could trigger the cues was better than I had expected.

The jogwheels eventually were not enough, and i started shopping around for turntables on kijiji. I ended up finding a pair of Gemini PT-1000s and a Gemini 525 mixer with a bunch of drum and bass records for $400 (if i remember correctly). These got vinyled as well. I also picked up a NI audio 6 and went head first into Traktor.

I replaced the headshells and needles right away with Shure Whitelables (which I still haven' t needed to replace, and they get used VERY often).

Then I saw the Madeon video that made me rush out to buy a launchpad and mash everything up. Little did I know the launchpad would be used more with Traktor than with Ableton. I really liked the midi mapping side of Traktor, and the hours of mapping were oddly fun for me. This got a healthy dose of vinyl...

My setup stayed the same for quite some time after that, it just moved around to different parts of my living room.
    All of my gear sits on and has been sitting on various pieces of Ikea Expedit furniture, which is constantly evolving as well.

To where it currently is sitting now, infront of my "studio" window.

I have an X1, and the same PT-1000s and am using a friends Numark mixer until i get a Z2. he doesn't use it, and its nicer than the Gemini.

Ive also dabbled in Reason and have an Axiom 49 keyboard as well, but most of my music related time is spent on the turntables.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I'm thinking about getting some whitelabels, what do you think of them? Do they skip often?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

I love the whitelables. They don't really skip. Either I have a really light hand or they are really good, but I don't have any issues with skipping at all.
    2007 Macbook Pro
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Rather liking the uniform white look in some of those photos. Also loving the big window behind the decks- is the view good?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I like the clean white. The view is over the yard for my apartment, and on the other side of the fence are townhouses with very loud children in them. So I play music to put them all to sleep haha.
    2007 Macbook Pro