James Blake - Limit Yo Your Love(Joey Chronik Remix) Feedback/Suggestions
    Tech Student

Default James Blake - Limit Yo Your Love(Joey Chronik Remix) Feedback/Suggestions

Hey DJTT,

I've been around here for a while now ever since I got my MF and I've finally gotten around to posting my music. I plan on starting to be a more avid member of the community but I decided to start off by posting a remix I just finished.

I have only been producing seriously for a couple months now and I'm starting to be really proud of the tracks I put out. With that said, I need some fresh ears! Some unadulterated feedback would go a long way for me. I'd really appreciate it.

I don't know if any of you guys have heard the original James Blake song/cover "Limit to your Love", but it has a dark feel to it that I tried to capture. Anyway, here it is...

Thanks guys!

I'm a real big fan of the original of this song, it's incredible, I've heard it live and it just fucking destroys.
    With that said. I wasn't going into this with big expectations because of how long you've been producing and what not, but it was still a solid remix. I wasn't very fond of the piano at the start, how it didn't resonate, I don't think it sounded right just by itself, maybe with an effect (I'm not sure exactly what) right after it, it would sound alright, but tight beat work and the bass work sounded good too. Keep it up!

Tech Student

I really appreciate you taking time to listen to my remix Ham. It's hard to get honest feedback from people sometimes.

As for the intro, originally I had it like that with no resonance in order to make everything sound tight and staccato I guess. I thought of experimenting with some reverb or delay or both but didn't get around to it. Now that the song is done I could go back and tinker with it and see what I like better.

Thanks again