How To Maschine Polypressure mapping traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default How To Maschine Polypressure mapping traktor?

hey DJTT Community,

i have a question to the mapping guys out there.

I am facing the following problem:
    I want to map a pad (in traktor 2.6) of NI Maschine in a way to activate an effect when i hit it and control the effect value with the PolyPressure Value of the pad.

Can't figure it out how to do it. Have tried some things without success.

I think it should be possible without using "Bome’s Midi Translator" or am I wrong?? (it's said in this article: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/0...of-aftertouch/ )
    Would be nice if i don't have to use another program to do this.

greetings from Austria

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't have maschine to tell for sure but you should be able to test out if your pads are sending velocity CC to traktor. Enable learn and press the pad - you should get 'note on' value and while pressed push it a bit more and check if other value show up. If so that would be your FX parameter code.

Tech Convert

I've tried that already.
    in the controller editor I set the "Hit" event to a midi note and the "Press" event to the Polypressure values.
    if I hit the pad with learn enabled I get the Midi Note from the Pad but when I change the pressure on the pad the command in the assignment field doesn't change.
    But on the Maschine display I can see the value of the Polypressure changing but Traktor doesn't get it.

If MIDI can't recognize it that could probably be a part of HID integration with maschine software.

Tech Convert

On the Maschine Display it shows the MIDI value of the Polypressure.

And In the NI Controller Editor I can assign the Midi Commands and there I can select the Polvpressure as command Maschine_ControllerEditor.jpg

So I think it should be possible to map it. But I can't figure out how.

Try to change value from note to CC (seems that press/velocity are sharing same note). If Traktor still don't recognize it by press try to assign it manually with mouse.

Tech Convert

i've done it like you said.

result:
    1) when in learn mode i get the following after releasing the pad: maschinepolylearn.jpg
    and when i hit the pad the Dry/Wet knob jumps to 100% and after releasing back to 0.
    I think this happens because the CC Value jumps to 127 on hit and the command gets just the value from the initial hit.

2) when I assign the command to the note of the PP event (Ch1 C1 in my case) by hand. nothing happens if i press the pad... maschinepoly.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SyT View Post
    when i hit the pad the Dry/Wet knob jumps to 100% and after releasing back to 0.
    It's normal behavior for fader/knob setting - retype it in to encoder and see what happen.

Tech Convert

seems logical

when I change it to Direct Encoder it jumps to full when i hit the pad and back to half when I release it and ignores the PP. (tested with the learned command.)

If assigned the note by hand, nothing happens.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Disable the Hit MIDI note, use only Press. Map it as a fader/knob>direct using CC and make sure the fx on command is mapped as hold so it turns off when you release it.
    Last edited by padi_04; 12-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast