Komplete Audio 6 vs Traktor Audio 6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Komplete Audio 6 vs Traktor Audio 6

Hi,

I'm looking to buy audio interface for my djing setup as well as for production, although I'm not sure I can kill two birds with one stone in this case.

I wanted to go with Komplete Audio 6 so I can have preamps, balanced ins and outs, etc. so it can be used for studio as well, but main thing would be using it on stage. So far I see the problem with Komplete having only 2 pairs of analog balanced outs , while Traktor has 3 stereo pairs, so I can use 3 channels on my mixers opposed to 2 with KA6.

Is there some way to have 3 stereo outs from KA6 that I'm not aware of ?

Also I plan to use it not only for traktor but for other softwares as well (ableton for example). Will both interfaces work ok with them as well ?

Are the drivers solid by now for both interfaces ?

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

bump

Tech Mentor

I just got a glance at Traktor Audio 2 and although it has only 2 outs, apparently it's stereo out, so basically it can go into 2 channels into mixer (2 RCAs, one channel).

Is that possible with KA6 as well or not ? Are those outputs just mono ?

Tech Wizard

hmm I have a Komplete Audio 6 and I also kinda wonder about this haha. I think its possible to use the KA6 for 4 channels using single TRS to RCA which means Ch1 -> Output 1, Ch2 -> Output 2 and so on but idk if its mono/stereo since I never tried it, and I use Ableton to perform with it so pretty much internal mixing for me with Output 1/2 for main out and 3/4 for headphone cue on, though it would be cool to know that if the KA6 can serve as a 4 channel that works with 4 ch mixer
    *Inactive Account*

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    I just got a glance at Traktor Audio 2 and although it has only 2 outs, apparently it's stereo out, so basically it can go into 2 channels into mixer (2 RCAs, one channel).

Is that possible with KA6 as well or not ? Are those outputs just mono ?
    Hey guys,

1) Yes, like you said, the Traktor Audio 2 has 2 Stereo Outs, which you can use e.g. in Traktor for

o internal mixing (master 1/2, monitor 3/4)
    o external mixing (let's say we route deck A and B into 2 channels of the mixer)

2) The Komplete Audio 6 (KA6) has 6 in/outputs:

- output 1/2 and 3/4 are stereo pairs (with 1/4" mono jacks for the left and right channel each)
    So like the Audio 2 you can use them for
    o external mixing (2 decks into mixer with a 2x 1/4" jacks to 2 RCAs cable per channel)

- the KA6 also has a 3rd stereo output (5/6) which is S/PDIF. The question is, if you have a mixer with an digital input (mine only has a digital output), so you can make use of it for a third deck.
    There might be an adapter from S/PDIF to RCA, but I'm not sure how well this works. Never used S/PDIF so far.

- in addition you have 6 inputs as well (1/2 + 3/4 analog, 5/6 SPDIF) plus MIDI in/out
    Last edited by geralds; 08-26-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by geralds View Post
    Hey guys,

1) Yes, like you said, the Traktor Audio 2 has 2 Stereo Outs, which you can use e.g. in Traktor for

o external mixing (let's say we route deck A and B into 2 channels of the mixer)

2) The Komplete Audio 6 (KA6) has 6 in/outputs:

- output 1/2 and 3/4 are stereo pairs (with 1/4" mono jacks for the left and right channel each)
    So like the Audio 2 you can use them for
    o external mixing (2 decks into mixer with a 2x 1/4" jacks to 2 RCAs cable per channel)

- the KA6 also has a 3rd stereo output (5/6) which is S/PDIF. The question is, if you have a mixer with an digital input (mine only has a digital output), so you can make use of it for a third deck.
    There might be an adapter from S/PDIF to RCA, but I'm not sure how well this works. Never used S/PDIF so far.

- in addition you have 6 inputs as well (1/2 + 3/4 analog, 5/6 SPDIF) plus MIDI in/out
    Thanks for your help. Just like I thought. 4 mono outs + spdif. Not enough if I wanna have 3 decks in external mixing. Only internal than.

Default Not exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by icb View Post
    Thanks for your help. Just like I thought. 4 mono outs + spdif. Not enough if I wanna have 3 decks in external mixing. Only internal than.
    Most industry standard club mixers (DJM-800 and DJM-900) have digital inputs so you can actually connect that SPDIF via a coaxial cable (about $10 online) to one of the digital inputs on the mixer. You know up the top of each channel on the Pioneer mixers, you can select, Line, phono or digital. Thats it. They are the orange RCA plugs on the back of the Pioneer mixers. Not sure about Allen & Heath or any other mixers but most clubs world wide have Pioneer gear.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up as it is possible to have 3 decks running. I use Ableton and have the Audiofire 4 which has 4 mono outputs - 2 stereo (same as the KA6) and then 1 SPDIF digital output and I can run 3 'decks' or channels into the mixer and mix externally out of Ableton.

Give it a try!

Tech Wizard

sorry for bringing up an old thread but as dumb as it sounds since I have a Komplete Audio 6, I never used it live more than once nor do I have it connected to any audio outs (except the headphones)

my question is, for the Main outs (1/2), can those accept normal TS 1/4" cables? or are they only TRS cables? i'm kinda confused when it gets to cabling :\
    Any help/replies would be great because I wanna buy a 1/4" to RCA cables so that I can plug the interface to different types of electronic/devices/speakers

*EDIT
    would these cables work?
    http://www.gamlinsmusic.co.uk/musica...io-cable-9861/
    Last edited by B4YU; 12-19-2012 at 06:10 AM.
    *Inactive Account*

Tech Wizard

*bump*
    *Inactive Account*

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by B4YU View Post
    sorry for bringing up an old thread but as dumb as it sounds since I have a Komplete Audio 6, I never used it live more than once nor do I have it connected to any audio outs (except the headphones)

my question is, for the Main outs (1/2), can those accept normal TS 1/4" cables? or are they only TRS cables? i'm kinda confused when it gets to cabling :\
    Any help/replies would be great because I wanna buy a 1/4" to RCA cables so that I can plug the interface to different types of electronic/devices/speakers

*EDIT
    would these cables work?
    http://www.gamlinsmusic.co.uk/musica...io-cable-9861/
    Yes, you can use this cable with the KA6.

You might also do some research about "balanced vs. unbalanced cable".
    Might be interesting to know, if you need a balanced cable for certain electronic/devices/speakers you want to connect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast