How should I route my audio for post fader fx using an audio 10 and djm 707?

Default How should I route my audio for post fader fx using an audio 10 and djm 707?

Hey all, I just recently got a pioneer djm-707 and upgraded to traktor 2.6. From what I understand, traktor now has the ability to run post fader fx and was pleased to discover that the 707's fx loop is post fader. The 707 has two in and two out 6.3mm jacks for send and return, which I assume are just mono 1/4" jacks. What would be the best way to connect these to the audio 10? Should I get two 1/4" mono to one 1/4" stereo and connect it to 1/4" input on the audio 10 and the return from the unused headphone out jack? Or should I use 1/4" to rca's and connect to the rca inputs/outputs on the front of the audio 10? If I used the front rca's would I then need to connect my mixers output to deck 3 or 4 to record? I want to be able to have all four channels run to the mixer with track decks c and d set to live input so that all I have to do is flip the channel switch on the 707 to quickly switch between time code and real vinyl while recording. Does anyone else do this?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Hmmm.... Thinking about that last part, would that even be possible to assign a track deck and live input to the same input at the same time?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...cts+in+TRAKTOR

For vinyl you need to change the deck from scratch control to thru... Think it's mappable
    Last edited by MaxOne; 12-17-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I'm away from my computer for the moment and I don't have the cable adapters to test it out, but I guess what I'm asking is, can the 1/4" mic and headphone inputs on the front of the audio 10 be used for fx send/return? If not, then I would need to use 1/4 to rca and route it like the example in your link.
    As far switching between timecode and vinyl, I was hoping I could connect two more rca's and flip the channel switch on the mixer if it can be done without pushing any buttons. Put the record on, flip the channel switch, adjust the gain, and the track is ready.

I sucked it up and bought some overpriced 3' rca's and four 1/4" to mono adapters from radio shack this morning. I connected them to the main ins and outs on the audio 10, set fx slots to send, and it worked. I do notice that when I push the fx send button that the music gets slightly quieter. Not sure if that has to do with the cables, mixer, or the interface.
    The 707 has no wet/dry knobs, but it does have an fx send button for the mic. Could I somehow route the loop through the mic channel and effectively use it's gain as a wet/dry knob?
    Overall, I'm quite tickled and have been making all kinds of trippy layers doing stabs at different speeds with the delay. This will really take my creativity to a whole new level. What are some great post fader fx to experiment with?